• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how long do we have to fold for each protein?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Garfield

I remember reading that there is a time limit your computer has to fold a protein for stanford to accept it back. but, what is that time limit? I can't seem to find any place that says so. just curious.

also, if we know we're past the time limit, and dont' want to waste time folding this outdated protein, how can we manually download a new protein?

thanks! and I'm loving Folding already! :D ;)

Yeah all proteins have deadlines. Depending on how big they are they will have longer deadlines. The page that has all of the information on what current projects are being worked on, their point values & deadlines is here.

Unless your folding with something REALLY wimpy (less than 300mhz) then you don't have to worry about missing the deadlines.. if you are wondering if a rig is gonna make it or not, take the frame times multiplied by # of frames to see if it will finish in time.

Hey I'm glad your liking folding! :) Now you need to get it on as many rigs as possible :D

That's right, get this poor guy addicted to your favourite addiction, Gnerma. Next thing you will see, is a lasagna eating cat passing us up.

steve

lol, I was just looking around in EMIII and found an option to notify me when the time is up and all. so, that should work fine.

and, I would like to (in the far future :D) actually port the folding client to my OS when I get to a certain development point. I think that would be helpful to both my OS and Folding. so, that would be neat. :)

They have actually changed the deadline system over at stanford. People DO get credit for units returned too late, but the units aren't likely to be used for anything. You would always want to stay within the deadlines though, as science is what its all about! :)

G'head Gnerma, but I have more posts than you ( like that really matters). Anyway it's not the score that's important, it's the WUs completed (but I still wanna win)

J/K

steve

Back