• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swiftech MCX462+T TEC Heatsink

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

malon

Have anyone gotten this EXPENSIVE baby? it seems to be a very good heatsing!:eh?: if somebody have it I would like to know how it performs ;)

Last edited:
I wouldnt recomend it.The cost to prep the board and cpu for it not to mention the power supply for the tec would cause it to cost more than water cooling.I could be wrong though but this is the impression Ive been getting about it.

umm if you look at their performance graph from swiftech the cpu temps at about 70W which is like a stock 2100+ is about 25C (room temp) at 80W it has like 32C. NOw you tell me at room temp or same temp as normal good aircooling, how the hell are you going to get condensation....answer: you won't condensation is only for below room temp. NOw the pelt is even sealed everywhere and the heatsink when you buy it just in case. So in my opinion it doesn't seem that bad, I'd go for it if it were like 35$ but its not :(

What about powering a pelt? From what I hear, it's the PSU that kills you in price. Check the front page for the write up on that.

It'l run off your systems PSU if you have enough +12V amperage. Itd be perfect for Tualeron if I ever decde to OC it. :D:D

I have been looking at psu's for these tec's. Look at the 12 volt aperage to see if it can provide more than 24 amps. Most powersupplys brands increase the amperage on the 5V line as you increase the wattage of the psu. the best psu brand for these tec's is probabily an enermax. then when you hook it up you want may want to make a new lead out of the power supply with thicker guage wire or combine two lines out of the power supply so you don't draw more current than the wire can handle.

dxiw said:
umm if you look at their performance graph from swiftech the cpu temps at about 70W which is like a stock 2100+ is about 25C (room temp) at 80W it has like 32C. NOw you tell me at room temp or same temp as normal good aircooling, how the hell are you going to get condensation....answer: you won't condensation is only for below room temp. NOw the pelt is even sealed everywhere and the heatsink when you buy it just in case. So in my opinion it doesn't seem that bad, I'd go for it if it were like 35$ but its not :(

What kinda fan is used on the HS for those temps just outa curiousity? Might be able to do a good bit better then that if they use a dinky fan

I think that heatsink/pelt combo kinda defeats it's own purpose.
The aim here should be for overclockers... or?

You:
A) Buy this because you are a heavily addicted overclocker with the money for a killer rig, you want to get "further" or atleast "far" with your mission of life. This "peice" won't work since your processor is already spitting out 80W+.

B) You own a standard PC from Ibm with no intention to overclock or harm your poor cpu baby, and you are such a nice guy and won't stand it if the poor cpu is 45 C hot. Cool, you are the right guy for this combo.

C) You are a heavily addicted overclocker with a lousy celeron 800 and has a dream to get further... spend your money instead on a cheap motherboard and a cheap AMD cpu, that'll get you much further for the same money.

/Paxmax (sort of an intel-vert still recommending AMD)

Last edited:
Back