• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How can i check if my chip is a Tbred

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

q149

I just got a new 1700+ and i was wondering how i can check if it is a Tbred or not ..........thx

I think that the Tbreds have a rectangular core while the Paliminos all have square cores. Also, if you gave the stepping on the CPU, I'm pretty sure we could tell you what you got ;)

JigPu

Don't you think you should have looked at what you are ordering? Not all MBs support T-Breds. its easy to tell them apart. If there is a little black looking sticker thing that has the steeping info its a T-bred. If the info is on the core you have a Palimno.

well, i got it really cheap as a mobo combo. there is a silver reflective sticker thing on the core, i dont see a black sticker thing so i assume i have a palimno?

oh and i think this is the stepping? it says agoia 0209wphw

Yeah, that sounds like a Palimino to me. Mine has that silver thing going on, and the stepping definatly rings a bell.

n00b question alert! -- Is that silver thing supposed to come off?? Every pic I see dosen't show it, but I don't think it comes off....

JigPu

Not really a sticker I would say, but more of just the top millimiter or so of the core being a REALLY shiny silver. I can't get a pic as this isn't the computer with them, but I could get you one if you really don't know what I mean.

JigPu

Back