• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some fans...Suggestions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Civic_Addict

I'm looking for a 60mm fan to mount the rear of my case as exhaust. I have a Delta 60mm that I used on my P3 a while back. Trouble is that it sounds like a small jet plane.
Here's the 60mm I have now.
Here's my case
Space for 4 80mm fans in the front (actually you can only fit 3)
1 80mm fan on the side
1 60mm in the rear

Currently I have 2 80mm Antec fans in the front(intake) & 1 80mm on the side (intake, been messing around with intake/exhaust on that one).

Honestly the Antec fans suck. They really don't pull much in the way of air. While my case temps fine, I'm never satisfied. I would like to replace all the 80mm fans and add a 60mm for the rear. Later I will likely add an additional fan to the side to help cool things off. So...
CPU Temps
Idle - 27° C
Load - 34° C

Case Temps
(a bit unstable, playing with fans)
Idle - 20° C
Load - 26° C

-Suggestions on fans?
-Suggestions on placement?
-Places to get deals on the fans?

Keep in mind my PSU has 2 fans. One intake, one exhaust; temp controlled.

dude, did we not go down this road with you a couple of days ago. i remember you. were you building something for work or something like that? please correct me if i am wrong.

rustymaitland said:
dude, did we not go down this road with you a couple of days ago. i remember you. were you building something for work or something like that? please correct me if i am wrong.
Yes. But i'm just looking for more opinions. The Panaflos look good for the 80mm, but I need a 60mm now too.

rustymaitland said:
right right. cool. how much is noise a factor 4 ya?
Well the 54dB Delta is way too much for me. This computer sits in my bedroom. 40dB is probably tops.

I was also contemplating a 120mm fan. Would that be less noise with same volume?

very nice fan. you will find a lot of these included in people's sigs. they are nice cause you have 3 ways to run it. i had one as it came with the volcano 9. then i got bored and slapped that fan on the ax-7, then i got bored again and got the tornado.

As far as the air in/out, I'm still debating on whether the side fan will be intake or exhaust. As of now its intake and it seems to do a good job. I have no exhaust fan right now. The side fan sits near my vid card and near my CPU. So I assumed intake would help out more than exhaust. I just swapped it to intake last night.

That thread was a good read.:) Like I said, I'm just trying to get opinions.

Back