• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Dual 1800mp Amd 's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bkbroiler

Dual 1800MP AMD 's

I need help I have two sticks of Ram and one wont work no matter how I arrance the sticks in the slots

Also I have a decent system but would like to tweak its performance

My specs are

Dual AMD 1800 MP's , ASUS A7M266 Mobo, Kingston DDR 512 MB, Geforce4 440MX Video card, Seagate Cheetah 15000 RPM Hard drive , Adaptec 29160 SCSI card , Built in sound card , D link NIC

I d not know the name of the second stick of RAM ( took it out of the system ) It only works alone but if I put it with the 512 MB kinbgston , MY machine will only detect the 512

Last edited:
sometimes, different brands or RAM won't work together. I don't know if it's just some motherboards, or all. I have had problems mixing Crucial and Kingston before. The system would boot, in my case, but was never stable.

Will the troublesome stick work in your motherboard by itself?

Is one of your sticks of RAM Registered, while the other is not?

Yes the sticks work by themselves infact I had just the 256 stick and I only recently bought the 512 Kingston

I am not sure what you mean by registered but the packaging that it came in has the following PC 2100RegCL2.5

How can I check for the other I dont have the packaging anymore

I aprreciate your help thanks

Back