• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Explanation for HardOCP scores

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shadow

Registered
I looked over HardOCP's review and stopped at the top of the first benchmark page, where it lists the system specs. They used three different motherboards. Not surprisingly they used the 845PE chipset for the Pentium 4 3.06 HT, because they need the HT support.

I went off looking for benchies for this motherboard, I found some here: ASUS P4PE Benchmarks

The P4PE is a faster motherboard all around.

~10% better memory performance.

The better memory performance, and the overall better performance of the motherboard might explain, in some small part the difference between the scores of the 2.8 and 3.06ghz processors in the HardOCP review.

Even taking this into account, I don't know if it is enough to explain the entire difference.

---- my rant ----
He should have used one motherboard, but alas, this is beyond the point now, the scores are still wrong, even after the retraction, and they (steve/kyle) are not owning up to it.
---- end my rant ----

Actually this info has been out for a while still does not explain why The graphic was changed or why they tried to cover it up. It also does not explain why it seams they left the graphics card overclocked for the 3.06 without mentioning that in the article.

They can change it if they want! It doesn;t bother me! But saying they didn't is wrong! But its up to them!

Back