Vantec Aeroflow quiet enough?

Lowest i can find is $40 bucks shipped for this sucker... its around 38db.. i remember my friend having a 38db orb.. it was REALLY LOUD.. well not loud as my goldengate 40... ys tech fan 48dba... i'm going to turn deaf if i can't find a better heatsink. I remember there was a site telling you how loud is what... like a whisper is 20 dba? or 30 dba? some sort? Anyone has this and happy with it?

I have the VantecAeroflow HSF and its quieter than the stock HSF for the 2100+. AMD said the stock one was like 26cfm with 40dba.
    I have your same OC with the Vantec. (It wont allow me to update my profile).

whats ur temperture?

I have SK7 w/ TMD 70mm fan (the same one as aeroflow's antec), and it runs my athlon XP1800+@1618Mhz idle on 33C and full load 36C (ambient temp 23C, but i use AS1, not yet AS3)...

according to overclocker's heatsink ranking, the C/W difference between aeroflow w/ TMD fan and SLK700 w/ the same fan is only 0.01 C/W .. there's no telling about SK7 tho .. but SK7 shouldn't differ that much, so I have to say .. go for it ...

EDIT: I just realized that u're using SVC golden gate 40 .. i used that HSF before upgraded to SK7 .. that beast worked fine, but the YS-Tech fan was unbelievably loud .. kept me up couple of times in the middle of my sleep ..

The fan for me is pretty loud, although I don't like loud noises for long peroids of time. Soon I will get a 80mm fan for it soon. But for the mean time, the noise is bareable and my temps are really solid. I haven't seen it rise about 40c.

Originally posted by CrazyBorne
    The fan for me is pretty loud, although I don't like loud noises for long peroids of time. Soon I will get a 80mm fan for it soon. But for the mean time, the noise is bareable and my temps are really solid. I haven't seen it rise about 40c.
    You're joking right? The thing is 18dBA and that thing bothers you? I can see you losing your sanity sitting in the chair I'm in next to a case with 10 fans including a Delta 80.

18dBA on a 80mm should be near silence. If you want pure silence, go get a rheostat and you could probably get it to 10-12 dBA while still pushing a fair amount of hair (I'm guessing 20 CFM).
    Peter Gibbons: Let me ask you something. When you come in on Monday, and you're not feelin' real well, does anyone ever say to you, 'Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays'?

Lawrence: No. No, man. ****, no, man. I believe you'd get your ass kicked sayin' something like that, man.

I was talking about the fan on the Aeroflow