• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vantec Aeroflow quiet enough?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xvi3tsoljahx

Lowest i can find is $40 bucks shipped for this sucker... its around 38db.. i remember my friend having a 38db orb.. it was REALLY LOUD.. well not loud as my goldengate 40... ys tech fan 48dba... i'm going to turn deaf if i can't find a better heatsink. I remember there was a site telling you how loud is what... like a whisper is 20 dba? or 30 dba? some sort? Anyone has this and happy with it?

I have the VantecAeroflow HSF and its quieter than the stock HSF for the 2100+. AMD said the stock one was like 26cfm with 40dba.
I have your same OC with the Vantec. (It wont allow me to update my profile).

I have SK7 w/ TMD 70mm fan (the same one as aeroflow's antec), and it runs my athlon XP1800+@1618Mhz idle on 33C and full load 36C (ambient temp 23C, but i use AS1, not yet AS3)...

according to overclocker's heatsink ranking, the C/W difference between aeroflow w/ TMD fan and SLK700 w/ the same fan is only 0.01 C/W .. there's no telling about SK7 tho .. but SK7 shouldn't differ that much, so I have to say .. go for it :) ...

EDIT: I just realized that u're using SVC golden gate 40 .. i used that HSF before upgraded to SK7 .. that beast worked fine, but the YS-Tech fan was unbelievably loud .. kept me up couple of times in the middle of my sleep .. :mad:

The fan for me is pretty loud, although I don't like loud noises for long peroids of time. Soon I will get a 80mm fan for it soon. But for the mean time, the noise is bareable and my temps are really solid. I haven't seen it rise about 40c.

CrazyBorne said:
The fan for me is pretty loud, although I don't like loud noises for long peroids of time. Soon I will get a 80mm fan for it soon. But for the mean time, the noise is bareable and my temps are really solid. I haven't seen it rise about 40c.

You're joking right? ;) The thing is 18dBA and that thing bothers you? I can see you losing your sanity sitting in the chair I'm in next to a case with 10 fans :eek: including a Delta 80.

18dBA on a 80mm should be near silence. If you want pure silence, go get a rheostat and you could probably get it to 10-12 dBA while still pushing a fair amount of hair (I'm guessing 20 CFM).

Back