• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

vcore on tbred 1700?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Valk

Hey, simple question. what is the vcore of the xp 1700 tbred cpu?

my local store got a shipment and is selling them for $99 cdn. im tempted to grab one for overclocking experiments but im not really in the know about the tbred core. i know its smaller physically but beyond that...
help.
I have an agoia y 0213 palomino 1600+ that I JUST got, im sure i could easily sell it if i could get better results with a tbred and still be using air cooling. need help. thank you in advance.

OC

Tbred A 1700+ default vcore is 1.65v

On air you may be able to do a bit better than with your palomino, but not much. Perhaps 1900 Mhz if you're lucky, and even with an SK7, it'll be hot.

mmmm. I just did some mods to my cooling system pushing my temps down further to 32º-43º.

My system is burning in well i think, already, my cpu is using a mere 1.81 vcore to handle 1.8 ghz. i belive in a month of so, i might be able to unlock her and get up to 1900. but it will be iffy. Im trying very hard to get as high as i can and not vcore mod, but still be stable. 1.8 is impressive considering this restriction.

so, even with the 1.65 vcore base, will it not be possible to acheive 2000 mhz on 1.85?

Tbred OC

Sure, 2000 Mhz is possible. But the people I've seen do it were using H20 cooling. From what I've heard, Tbred A's @ 1.85vcore are about 10C hotter than palominos at the same.

In my mind Tbred A's are only good for water/peltier cooling. If I wantefd 2Ghz or more on air cooling, I'd wait for a low speed Tbred B.

Actually the default vcore of the XP1700+ (TBred) is 1.5v and I think that it will hit at least same speed or more as your palomino, but from what people are saying would run much hotter. You gotta check it out for yourself and see what happens

Im tempted to. but thats another $100. i should not have baught this sk7, but at least i can justify it in my budget heh. better heat sink makes oc processor not die...

well, maybe ill look into it later. I think it would hit 2 ghz and looking at the temps im getting now... i could handle it. I have not seen an athlon stepping that couldnt run stable at 50º. 50 im ok with, but for my palomino, i wont let it breach 45º if i can help it.

*hugs thermalright*

well, this is what i wanted actully. thank you very much. i might grab one later just on the simple fact that it should run 2 ghz without more voltage than i can get right now. but we will see.

Back