• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Special Intel Ad

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cowboy X

All this talk about [H] possibly selling out has allowed Tom to slip something by . Maybe I'm being nitpicking here , but anyway :

Tom's review didn't show hyperthreading to be the the giant step forward , unless you watched the video of the 3.06 multitasking and beating the chip at 3.6 without HT .

It seems that Tom has now taken the video from the review and reposted it at the top of his front page . Hmmmmmmmmm maybe the boys at Intel didn't think they got enough exposure , maybe the review wasn't positive enough . I admit others will see it different , but when have they ever removed the best piece of a benchmark review and repost it to get more exposure !!! It also appears to be somewhat above the frame of the other articles , makes me wonder if it can't be pushed down the page when other articles are posted . It may be set to remain on top for a while .

Am I paranoid ? I'll have to watch and see . Looks like an Intel audiovisual advertisement to me .

i saw that vidio. i hope it does get more press. its very nice. i shows the hypertrheading really working simular to a smp machine and exactly like its soposed to. pretty neat stuff and interesting

I seriously doubt Intel's going around telling people their reviews weren't glowing enough.

But it wouldn't surprise me if Intel does extend carrots early and often to those companies that give favorable reviews.

As for the video, well, Tom's has always thought their videos are the greatest thing since sliced bread. They might just be making it more prominent to bring their hit-count up.

Back