• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4 C1 OC'g, trying to decide which one

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

padgettb

I bought some corsair 3500, going to get a granite bay...I have a vapochill.

Due to the P4's being clock locked and the GB having only 1:1 mem ratio I'm not sure which CPU to get.

Just curious what kind of results people are getting with overclocked c1's.

To max out my memory I would most likely want a 2.4 c1 I think, but I would also like to achieve a high overclock, so I'm just curious what you all have observed.

Any advice appreciated. With a 1:1 ratio only possible, I think my only option is, how far do I think I can clock whatever chip I buy...ie how far can the "average c1" chip go...

Meaning, the lower speed chip I choose, the higher I can clock my memory...due to lower locked multipliers on the CPU...I'm hoping to reach at least 3.6 ghz

Last edited:
Hi & welcome to the forums.

If you absolutely sure that 1:1 mem is your only option....then you have to pick a 533 fsb chip.
I believe that a 2.26 C1 stepping would be the best choise.
It has the lowest available multi (17x)....so you can aim for a high fsb (i had mine@[email protected] on a Prometeia).
So in that case your ram will work @DDR374 and with more aggresive settings .....you will have a decent++ ram performance and a high clock speed (approx. 3.2GHZ)

Thanks for the reply,

Do you know of any retailers that are selling chips that they list as "c1" stepping?

Back