• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1$ athlon xp1900+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

germanjulian

www.ebay.com

if u surfe here a bit u find some really cheap stuff!!
but can this be? is this right?
i know there is a contract and the seller has to give what he said he will give and u have to pay etc etc buy like i saw a whole computer with athlon xp 2200 and 512 ddr and geforce 3 for bid 1 day left for $1

anyone ever bought something form there?

I suppose there is the possibility of actually winning a bid like that, with no resrve, and actually getting the seller to hold to it, but lets be honest...if its too good to be true, it most likely is.

One thing to look for in ebay, is by the price if it says "Reserve not yet met". That means there is a minimum sell price the seller has set and the auction will not go for less than this.

Ebay is full of good deals but also full of snakes and trolls. You can get some great deals on stuff, but if you aren't careful, you can get burned.

An XP1900+ for $1 is highly unlikely...

Mike

The price usually reaches retail price or more within the last hour of the auction.
I buy sometimes from Ebay. Its a great source for XEON stuff.

However be sure to check out sellers feedback and handle all shipping issues BEFORE placing a bid.

Otherwise its mostly a great experience buying from ebay.

The parts I buy on ebay are either so specialized that I'm probably the only person who knows what it is, or I look for auctions base on model numbers.

It's possible. But it's unlikely that you'll end the auction at that price unless you find one that's incorrectly listed. (that's how I got a bare LCD screen for $10)

I have seen this before but I can almost garuntee you that in the last 15 seconds of the auction the price WILL go up. People have this automated bidding thingy that places a bit to the higest amount so up to some point. so that way they can win the bid. How I works I'm not really sure but I know I have lost MANY a bids because of it.

You look at a producty and say hmmm...I want that. So you go down to the bid ifo area and it will say what the minimum amount you have to bid is. For example that 1900 starts at $1 and the amount goes up in incriments of usually $1(i will get back to this later). So you decide how much you are WILLING to pay for the cpu, lets say you decide you will pay no more than $80. So you type that in and finalize the bid. Then when you go back and look at the bid info stuff you are listed as the current high bidder at $2...but wait a minute your asking urself, I bid $80...no thats how high you are willing to go. So if another person comes along and is only willing to pay $70 when they finalize that bid ebay automatically overbids them since you said you would pay $80 for it. However ebay only overbid the other person by the $1 incriment. Its an excellent system which takes the thinking out of a real auction.

Some people on ebay sell lots of thing without reserves just to get there rating up so they can move on and sell bigger items like cars. They arent going to be able to sell big price items with a low rating. Like this one time I found a G4 Ti4400 with no reserve and the cool part was that it didnt show up in searches...must have been a glich. I got it for 20 dollars brand new. I turned around and sold it for 180 bucks to a person who needed one. I have made probably about 300 dollars doing that stuf but now my friends dont need part anymore. But I will be in da money when they plan to upgrade again.

BTW reserve is a price which the seller sets and If the auction price for that item doesnt reach it then the seller doesnt have to sell it. No reserves are so great cuz you can get a $200 vid card for 20 bucks like I did.

never buy software on ebay..back in the day i bought like photoshop 4 for like 250$ and I got a blank cd r with the word photoshop on it....

Actually deals like that are extrmemly rare. People wouldnt risk losing ther ebay account and being suspended from the site for 250 bucks. For the most part people are just like you, looking for a good deal that wont go wrong.

Back