• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Conflicting New Info on V9 vs. V7+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That review is BS. No way there can be such a big difference between these two heatsinks. Just MO.

I don't know whether the GA-7VRXP reads from on-die but it if doesn't, I think it's a pretty poor comparison then. They gave no information about the speeds they ran the fan at and whether they were running on the same speed. They never mentioned ambients. . .

Bad review .. IMHO.

I thought that they may have mistaken the 7+ for 7, but then I saw the fan of the 7+....

the 7vrxp does read off the on chip diode, and i can honestly say that the only reason the volcano 9 is any good is because of the smart fan II. that might be what they messed up on. if the v9 were running at full boar it might (MIGHT) do better than the temp sensored v7+. that is probably the only way that these results might be legit.
just my tree fiddy

This guy is what I like to call. El Idioto Supremo.

That's crap. He didn't even do the testing. he just said.

"Duh Im a stupid moron with no brain DUH 9 is a more biglike number than 7... but the 7 duh has a plus duh but no plussing number so 9 still bigger DUH!"

Then he made up some temps that seemed about right.

Back