using DUAL LAN on NForce 2 ? (Asus)

i have a new motherboard with Dual LAN (Asus A7N8X Deluxe)
    i heard that you can bridge the LAN to get faster internet.
    my room has to outlets to the internet.
    i have plugged them both in, and can get them to work seperately. but don't know how to bridge them
    i selected both of them, right clicked, and selected bridge. but it didn't work
    help would be welcome
    thanks

Is *that* the point of a dual NIC interface? Hmmm...doesn't seem like you'd really be able to get more bandwidth than your internet connection truly allows. But if you're in a dorm, for instance, and there are two dedicated LAN ports, then maybe that would work.

When you say it "didn't work" what do you mean? You don't see any more speed, or there is some sort of error message?
    Computers and hardware come and go...

Hmmm I dont get it what is the point of dual lan?

i heard that you can bridge the LAN to get faster internet.
    I guess *that's* the point
    Computers and hardware come and go...

well, they both WORK seperately, but once i bridge the 2 connections, it stops connecting to the internet.
    this could be for a few reasons though.
    my EDU makes you register MAC addresses.
    i have registered both the NIC's, but i wonder if maybe the Bridge has a difference MAC address altogether (my bro. said he checked and it wasn't difference, but anyway)
    any ideas would be appreciated
    thanks guys

Hard Ass Southern Boy Senior Wicked Klown's Avatar
    It's so you can link another computer to it. Like in a home office or a small office in other words daisy chain. Also the reason for two is cause some places only allow one brand of lan card this way you can use the right one.
    Media Server | Norco RPC-470 | GIGABYTE GA-890XA-UD3 | Phenom II X4 925 Deneb | 8gigs G.SKILL Ripjaws PC3 10666 | 64gig Crucial M4 | x2 2TB Samsung F3 | x2 1TB Samsung F1 | x1 2TB Samsung F4 | 500gigs Seagate 7200.10 | Sapphire HD4830 HDMI | Corsair 650hx

HEAT

"Never surrender. You're too much of a hardass to die on everyone." - Voodoo Rufus

Shotgun ADSL internet

Two phone lines, two ADSL modems, and two connections into the PC. = Twice the internet speed.

OC-Master
    RIG:
    ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI | 1805:Bios
    AMD Athlon X2 4200+ | 2733MHz
    4.00GB OCZ PC3200 | 400MHz 2-3-2-5-2T
    2.00TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 (4X500)
    1.00GB Radeon HD 4870 | CORE/MEM 790 / 3840
    Creative X-Fi Fatality Champion Platinum
    OCZ 850Watt Xtreme PSU | MS Windows Vista Ultimate x64 Edition
    Acer 26" Wide LCD 1920X1200 5ms | Sunbeam Fully Mod BlueUV Acrylic Case

that would be pretty expensive, would probably be cheaper just to buy the more expensive adsl package if you are wanting faster speed

using both at the same time off 1 connection only offers redundency, you may see a small improvement in throughtput but nothing major.

one of the points of having 2 NICs is so that u dont need to buy a router

but it's free for both connections, cause you just register your name with the EDU and you get unlimited connections.
    please anyone know ?

Hard Ass Southern Boy Senior Wicked Klown's Avatar
    Go to Nvidia's web site and look around and you will see why it has to LAN ports.
    Media Server | Norco RPC-470 | GIGABYTE GA-890XA-UD3 | Phenom II X4 925 Deneb | 8gigs G.SKILL Ripjaws PC3 10666 | 64gig Crucial M4 | x2 2TB Samsung F3 | x2 1TB Samsung F1 | x1 2TB Samsung F4 | 500gigs Seagate 7200.10 | Sapphire HD4830 HDMI | Corsair 650hx

HEAT

"Never surrender. You're too much of a hardass to die on everyone." - Voodoo Rufus

i think it may... though im not sure... be so that you can use a computer a a router type thing... you connect one to the DSL and another to a network with multiple computers... and use it as a server... though im not sure so ya but i think that is it
    .................................................. ......................Just too busy with life
    ...........................................Team.32.Mentor........................................RED.BELT.Ubercloxx0r
    ..............................You.should.always.keep.an.open.mind.help.can.be.found.in.the.most.unlikly.places.
    .....AIUHB0252@2300mhz.SP-97~Abit.NF7-S~512.RAM@fast.timings~9700Pro.w/.copper.HSF.~.2.monitors
    .................................................. ..Windows XP because I have conditions
    ....Fold.for.[OC]FoldingNinjas!!!....You .would.be.amazed.at.what.a.group.of.intelegent.peo ple.can.overlook
    ...............................................All.blanket.statments.are.false|Nothing.is.absoloute.
    ............................Don't.Let.ThermalTake.Your.Money~|~Are.You.Into.Th at.Hacky.Stuff?
    AKA:supaiku
    .................................................. ........Can.you.find.the.ninja.in.my.avatar?!?!