• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monitor not showing up?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gregory_WE

I just reformatted and reinstalled XP Pro, and everything is about back to normal but my monitor isn't showing up... it just says "Plug and Play Monitor". Only problem with this is that it won't let me go up to 100Hz w/o going to modes that the monitor supposedly can't display. I know that it let me go up to 100 before I reformatted, and the Hitachi CM715 showed up for the name.

Any ideas? Only thing that came w/ the monitor was a floppy with inf files... and I have no clue what to do with it (I don't think I used it before) since the instructions are for 95 and don't work for XP. I think Plug & Play takes care of that though.

download XP drivers, I didnt think Plug and Play limited your choice of refresh rates though, cos I had to revert to that cos my monitors drivers wouldnt allow me 100Hz although it does support it :(

im tellin ya its just ure vid card drivers... every time i reformat it does the exact same thing to me... i reinstall the detonator drivers and voila it works again.. if that doesnt work for some reason then reinstall ure motherboard chipset drivers from the disk that came w/ the mobo

Ok I'll check it out... so you're saying that even though I already installed the 40.72 and the chipset drivers that it might work if I do it again?

ya didnt say ya had already done it and it still didnt work...even if it doesnt work though theres always the refresh rate override in the display properties... if ure absolutely sure it was 100 before *otherwise ull get this picture with lots of pretty colors* then force the rate at that resolution

Didn't work... yeah I can always force it up to 100 w/o any problems (have it at 100 right now), but I'd like to get the monitor to show up...

Any more ideas?

Ok, figured it out myself...

Put the inf disk for the monitor in... went to the device manager -> monitor -> And then updated the driver manually from there. Didn't think there was a monitor on the disk... oh well :)

Back