• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I've come to A new folding resolve gentlemen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Kendan said:

Forget those guys:sn: Come and chase me:D:D:D

I think it was NASsoccer that compared my growing addiction to yours when I was around the 500 pt mark and adding more machines. Consequently you have been my target for some time now, and I am slowly creeping up on you...I fold under "Shad(www.overclockers.com)"

Gnerma, sorry I hadn't gotten back to this thread before now; I was busy most of the day yesterday with a friend's computer whose AOL account:rolleyes: was screwing up and wouldn't connect to the internet. I ended up having to format, reinstall and update everything because of that stupid AOHell software. It would dial up but not connect on their network. I enterred another friend's dialup account in MSDUN on it and could get up on the net with no problems but AOHell's stuff was hosed completely.:rolleyes: This is going to cost my buddy though; his boxen will be folding for me for the next month or so; I think I'll make it fold for team 32 instead of 93.

There are 2 problems with a gauntlet that goes on much longer than 2 weeks for me.

1. I have no direct control over my machines while I'm at work and have to rely on my daughter to watch them. She's 10 years old and get's pretty absent-minded sometimes.
2. If the gauntlet ends while I'm offshore, I have no way to see how everything ends up as I'm mostly on drilling rigs that have no net access.

If we do have a gauntlet and I lose, I would swap my dual rig and 1 other XP rig over to team 32 for a week and if you lose, you could swap 1 XP rig to team 93 for a week. You see, Overclockers.com might be trying to catch OCAU but Icrontic is trying (and succeeding) to catch 2 teams ahead of them and I wouldn't want to deprive them of all my folding power for a full week, as I'm sure that you wouldn't want to deprive team 32 of all your folding power for a week either. That Icrontic will catch Team Helix is a given, they are going down pretty soon but Icrontic is just barely outproducing Rage3D by around 2000 points/week right now. The 2 rigs I'm offering up can process around 250-300 points/week worth of the present proteins that are being handed out by Stanford and considerably more than that if they throw the pAla's back into -advmethods.

What do you say to those terms, Gnerma?

Well, as I said in my initial response to your gauntlet proposal I will not fold for any other team for any length of time.

How about this, we fold 7 full days and the winner get's the losers best CPU for 7 days folding for them & team 32.. sound good to you?

OK, I misunderstood you, the way you had worded it I thought you meant you wouldn't fold for another team for like a long time, not fold for any other team. My bad, didn't want to insult you. Yeah, we can do that; if I lose, my dually folds under your name for a week and if you lose, you fold under my name here for a week with you new watercooled rig you won(you lucky dog, you;) ). Is that acceptable?

EDIT: Oh, I see you got the watercooler rig up and running and you're putting up some serious points now. This will make it interesting to see if I can ramp up enough to hold you down to under half of my weekly points, especially with my laptop still out of action(due to Airborne taking 3 days to come pick up my laptop to ship to Dell:mad: ). Don't worry though, I'll still give it a go as I just put into action a new "Christmas" weapon into my 8KHA+ rig.;)

Last edited:
Mudd, he's going to need all the help he can get, he's losing his top producer tomorrow ( mine, Re his last wager) and I will be gaining a new 3.0GHz folder.

steve

skou said:
Mudd, he's going to need all the help he can get, he's losing his top producer tomorrow ( mine, Re his last wager) and I will be gaining a new 3.0GHz folder.

steve

Gnerma's losing a rig?

New target aquired :cool:

skou said:

steve

See this poor man Mud? Yep he was a victim of mine and is currently folding for me. You sure you want to become the next? lol :D

My increase in production is due to a few things, Steve's added power is the major one. Also my farm is finally working at its full potential.. you see my 1600+ @ 1746 was down for 3 days out of the last seven.. The contest box is still not in my posession and probably won't be anytime soon either, so this gauntlet will not reap the benefits of it..

So when would you like to start? I'm perfectly happy with doing it on a week you are home..

skou said:

steve

Ewwwww, that sounds bad for Gnerma; I just put an XP2400 in my 8KHA+ rig and I presently have it running at 2600+ speed.;)

Mud, Gnerma, don't look now, but there's a guy doing 600 PPw, ready to pass me up. At his extraordinary rate, he will pass up G in a week..

All right Elroy, what are you hiding?

steve

Ladies and Gentlemen it is the moment you've all been waiting for...

Teh Smackdown!!

That is right folks! Yours truly has surpassed one of the people on his hitlist by a healthy margin.

And who was the unfortunate victim today ... BadVector ...

Yes BadVector tried to hold me off, he even pulled 5 or so CPUs out of nowhere. Yet in the end it was all in vain! OH YES.. I ran this poor, poor man over with my beautiful, humming folding juggernaut like he was popping Genome WUs with one 386.

Oh yes, he was beaten like a rented donkey and slapped around like a red headed step child.

Now, all you others who are on my hitlist I am going to give you the opportunity to bow to my superior folding power. For although I am evil and bloodthirsty I have mercy for the inferior. If your especially nice in your concession post I'll even let you fold under my name indefinitely.. So come on men, you know this will be easier for both of us, speak up NOW.

Stay tuned to this thread for soon I shall introduce a new folder to my hitlist. You never know it might be you whose death warrant I sign..

Gnerma said:

Teh Smackdown!!

That is right folks! Yours truly has surpassed one of the people on his hitlist by a healthy margin.

Yes BadVector tried to hold me off, he even pulled 5 or so CPUs out of nowhere. Yet in the end it was all in vain! OH YES.. I ran this poor, poor man over with my beautiful, humming folding juggernaut like he was popping Genome WUs with one 386.

Oh yes, he was beaten like a rented donkey and slapped around like a red headed step child.

Now, all you others who are on my hitlist I am going to give you the opportunity to bow to my superior folding power. For although I am evil and bloodthirsty I have mercy for the inferior. If your especially nice in your concession post I'll even let you fold under my name indefinitely.. So come on men, you know this will be easier for both of us, speak up NOW.

Stay tuned to this thread for soon I shall introduce a new folder to my hitlist. You never know it might be you whose death warrant I sign..

You shall never catch me!! :cool: :D :eek:

Somethin's gettin' deep, I need to put on my boots. When I get my hijacked 3.0GHz back, I will proceed to kick some B-field @$$!:D :drool:

steve:santa: :burn:

Gnerma said:

Teh Smackdown!!

Oh my god, I about fell out of my chair laughing. Thats some dang good sh*t-talking Gnerma...."...like a rented donkey" Thats dang funny!

How about we start at midnight tonight, Gnerma?:) We'll check Stanford's stats at around 12:15 AM or so amd post some starting points, then next week for the Thursday midnight update we will post our finishing points and figure from there.

muddocktor said:
How about we start at midnight tonight, Gnerma?:) We'll check Stanford's stats at around 12:15 AM or so amd post some starting points, then next week for the Thursday midnight update we will post our finishing points and figure from there.

Agreed, but I started a thread for this :D I think it will be fun to keep track of it day to day.. good luck. :rolleyes:

Alright I've said it and now that I've crossed another name off my list it is time to add a few more..

My folding Hitlist (ranked for how much bloodlust I am harboring for that particular folder new targets in bold)

#1 CharlesHF
#2 Mr. Chambers
#3 TwistedAnimator
#4 rnpgrosz
#5 Edward2

Hey Gnerma, why don't you step off your ivory tower, cause you're bald spot is making me go blind. When I get going, I'm GONNA PASS YOU ALL. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You think gnerma is bad, just wait til I get my machines up and going. I may be 1600th, but I'm coming and I'm coming hard. So there, I've set my sights on you gnerma and YOU WILL FALL.

Doc_Skurlock

ps I'm rooting for you gnerma and I'll contribute a week's worth for you if you win.

Note: This was friendly trash talking. All those offended need to contact 1-800-I-DONTCARE. LOL. FOLD ON GENTS AND LADIES

untitled.JPG

you still have a big list ahead of you G man , good luck to it.

I think I've passed more people in the " hit list" than Gnerma, someone needs to kick it up a notch.

steve

Back