• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Waterblock equipped with HSF?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

asmodean

My socket is broken, so I'm propably going to take some measurements of the block & mobo and have a suitable copperplate made. I was thinking of having a heatsink attached (Pep66t) to it, with a fan ofcourse. Has anyone done this? Effects? I know it works as a small backup system atleast.

Thanks in advance.

asmodean (Jul 11, 2001 10:58 a.m.):
My socket is broken, so I'm propably going to take some measurements of the block & mobo and have a suitable copperplate made. I was thinking of having a heatsink attached (Pep66t) to it, with a fan ofcourse. Has anyone done this? Effects? I know it works as a small backup system atleast.

Thanks in advance.

There's an article on in the watercooling section about this. It seemed to work good as a backup. The guy turned off the pump and his temps still stayed within spec.

Thanks for the fast replies! I'll go check it out now.

Edit: I had that same idea as that bacatá site, but for a blorb, using coiled copper tubing. Petar Lazarevskis article is what I meant, but it sadly doesn't tell what kind of difference in temperature there is when the water is running.

If someone has that waterblock from ochideout or the aqualstealth heatsink-clip, could you tell me the difference in temperatures with and without fans?

Thank you!

AMDGuy (Jul 11, 2001 11:04 a.m.):
asmodean (Jul 11, 2001 10:58 a.m.):

Thanks in advance.

There's an article on in the watercooling section about this. It seemed to work good as a backup. The guy turned off the pump and his temps still stayed within spec.

I did it that way, but mostly for a great look, and an easy attach of waterblock in combination with a modded clip. And the fan was needed due to mobo demand for this. But the thing works really nice, and give me a backup, if the pump should stop. Got a bigger picture of it all, if you want :)
[email protected]

Back