• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Applying Artic Alumina Thermal Adhesive???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

subconcept

I am putting a crystal orb on my 8500, along with ram sinks.

I have Artic Alumina Thermal Adhesive sitting here
asalep_big.jpg

I hear people talk about diluting it with more alumina, does this mean I need something else other then whats in those two tubes to do so.

I am really confused as I dont want to make a mistake when I install this.

Thanks.

Well I always use those two tubes plus a tube of the Arctic alumina paste. I mix them a 3rd of each 1/3 from those two tubes then 1/3 alumina paste. That way if you ever want to take it off again you won't pull the whole chip off.

Ahh i dont have any alumina, i dont think ill need to take it off tho.

Now im worried.

It will still transfer heat well right?

If i dont intend to take it off can i just put it on normaly.

I have AS2 here I could use to dilute it, but i hear its dangerous to use that stuff in this case as if it touches any traces or legs of ram it will kill it.

Last edited:
If you don't plan to take it off then mix it 1 to 1. It will conduct the same as mixing it in 3rds. You don't have to use AS2 (I wouldn't) as your right about the conductive properties of it.

It isn't conductive, it is capacitive. Also, it usually doesn't kill the board, it just shorts it so it doesn't work. A deep cleaning that removes all the AS makes it work again.

Ok ram sinks all glued on, crystal orb all glued on. :D

They are all on rock solid.

Everyone,,, Wish me luck im gonna install it now.

*heart beats rapidly*

Back