• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2400+ @ 2365Mhz --is this any good

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wuzzapiman

AIUCB "9" week 43 year 02...how is this o/c

Watercooled 43idle 47-8 full load (degrees C)

The arctic silver is still curing and i think its stll in a "burning in" period. I have gotten it to post @ 2505 and 2.1-2.15 vcore but it reaches 50C and shuts down under stress.

What steps can i take to make it go further?

(need to update Bios for WCPUID to display processor)

and my Sandra score seems real low, is it?

here's a pic

!2366.JPG

I got mine @ here here is the updated benchies:
what can i do to puch it higher?
!23662k3sand.JPG

Last edited:
hmmm....i can get some LN2 from my mom put maybe thats to far for a 13year old...what peltier wattage?

Stay away from Ln2 and thats all I have to say about that.A pelter setup will probably allow you to hit 2.5 stable.Theres a good amount of work in preping a mother board for a pelter setup.I would post in the cooling forum about pelters.

You should be able to get higher if you are watercooled and have good memory. I am running 2x XP2400's at 155fsb in an Iwill MPX2 mobo, aircooled at 1.825v. I am also using 2x 512Mb Registered Crucial PC2100 (waiting for some registered PC2700 to be delivered):

wcpuid3.gif

iwill155cpu.gif

iwill155mmx.gif

iwill155mem.gif

the arctic silver has cured and my temps are now @ 40/41 idle and 44full load
going for 2505MHz now...

!2422mem.jpg

theotherphil, what is your voltage and temps?

Damn...I've gotta switch to water. I can boot up at around 2300, but I'm not stable. I like to run crazy high FSB though...to me that's more important than processor max speed, but I'd sure like to be at 11.5x200.

So what I'm saying is...YOU'VE GOT A VERY GOOD OC!! Good job, mon.

My 2400 is @ 2143 at stock volt only if i could up my voltage on this MB :bang head :mad: soon i will get my nforce 2 MB than i'll have a nice oc:D heres a bench

at least i did better than a 2.66 p4

water_cooler 20 said:
My 2400 is @ 2143 at stock volt only if i could up my voltage on this MB :bang head :mad: soon i will get my nforce 2 MB than i'll have a nice oc:D heres a bench

at least i did better than a 2.66 p4

you cant post pictures from your harddrive, you have to upload them somewhere

ahhhh yes bios updated....ohh fun...check out the FSB! 2400Mhz here I come. What do you do when a system file gets curropt on startup???
here:
!2380.JPG

ok i broke 2400MHz @ 193x12.5 and 2.1vcore but..my temps are @ 48-9 full load and my system temp is @ 61* is this ok?

It's a bit warm in thw case...If it were me, I'd try to get more air flow through the case to lower the ambient. CPU temps are fine though. Hell, if the chip runs stable, COOK THE SUCKER! :D

You've got an excellent O/C going there. Good job. If you can run 24/7 at that speed, you're doing great.

I can only get my proc to go 143fsb and 15x at 1.85v. Anything else and it won't post, i have a Epox 8k3a+ and donno why i doesn't like anything else but to stay at 143fsb. I thought you could use 13,14, and 15 as multipliers stock?

Back