• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

---Help Me and my Mom---

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Starfoxer

World's Biggest E-Thug
My mother has a studio down stairs. She sings on microphones hooked to a CD/Cassete stereo that is hooked
to a TV. Okay, this is what my mother wants to do. She wants to get video from the TV and the audio from her stereo/microphone,
and burn it to a DVD-R so she can send it out.

i am totally clueless on what to do, so what steps would i have to take, and what stuff would i need to buy to get this to
work.

feel free to ask any questions or anything that i can elaborate
on.

any help is greatly appreciated! thanks! :p

couldnt you just use tv-in on your pc and then get a dvd burner to burn them? Them dvd burners are expensive thoguh. lol, you deserve to help her cuz you stole her vid card, lol

heres what i say, go get yourself a voodoo 3 3500 vid card, just input it into your puter and record it and whatnots, then burn it

lol thefrag! she may look at this thread, hehehe

okay, well i have s video on the GF4 and a radeon 8500 with
svideo

if i plug in an S video cable to the TV setup it will record audio
and video? then i can burn it to a DVD?

she is aware of how much a DVD burner is as well.

Masked, John, wut ever you go by now, where may i find
such a video card?

what she wants to record is like her song audio right, and for the video like an ocean seen, so when they pop the DVD-R in they
listen to the song and watch the ocean, sunset, etc

ebay has the card usually, and cheap, you mite want to get powervcr or some other editiing program to do this, you want to record audio and video at the same time, you would have to hook up an audio cable to the IN on your sound card to do it with your existing card if it has svideo in. otherwize you hook up the voodoo 3 to the sound card... it works great, I have done it, You can just record with a video camera unless the sound is better recorded differently, or record strait from the receiver from the microfone hooked into the v3 3500

thanks for the help so far

can someone tell me if this would work

use SVIDEO to record video off of TV

record songs seperate onto PC

burn onto DVD and set each song as a chapter

how does that sound?

only prob is the background music for the songs is on cassette.
how would i get around that?

most vid cards have s-video output not input

the easiest solution is probably a USB audio/video capture device or a TV tuner card

as mentioned above use line-in on soundcard from audio out/headphone jack on tape player

Pretty easy to do....
I used a Mac at school a month ago or so to edit a video. All you have to do is capture the video from whatever source you got onto the computer (in my case it was a DV Cam). Then you simply take off the sound from the video (if there was even sound to start with) and you lay the song your mom wants on top. Voila!

Your best bet is to check if they have a video editing lab at your school and ask them for help. You'll see its super easy =)

If she wants a high quality Vid try to get a better vid input than the 3500, I had one and was a little disapointed by the vid recording. It was a small dimension and mid quality. Just a thought you may want to look into before putting out the cash.

Most capturing software will allow you to capture audio or video independantly. All you need to hook the audio from a good TV to a computer is an RCA to Headphone (2.5mm) adapter.

I recommend the Leadtek Winfast TV2000XP or a firewire capture device.

Last edited:
Back