• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which HSF?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

q149

I am ordering a new hsf and want to spend about 30 or less shipped. The ones i have found that are the best for this price i think is
SK-7
SLK-600
AX-7
Coolermaster HHC-001 /w heatpipes
Vantec AeroFlow VA4-C7040
and Volcano 7+
please give recomendations on which one i should get or any other ones for around this price .................... thx

what about the volcano 9 ? you can find it for 21 with the shipping included, at www.ocsystem.com .

I've read that it is very good... (I've just order a Smart Fan II (the fan that comes with it) from them , and everything worked ok. I find it noisy, but maybe it is like this, or mine is just deffective).

bye,

Petete

The coolermaster if I remember comes with a fan but is loud as hell.

The Aeroflow comes with a fan that may or may not have shorting issues.

The volcano seven+ comes with a tempmonitoring fan that seems to like running at lowest rpm's unless your case temp is way to high. (You can buy it and tear off the therm, connecting the wires to get full rpm... but If I recall that's pretty loud.

slk600
Sk-7
and
Ax-7

Dont come with fans.

If I were you I'd grab the ax-7 or sk-7 and an adjustable fan. sk-7 and the 1-3k enermax work fine together for me (paid about 30$ before shipping for the pair) although I wish I could raise the rpm a bit more, so maybe the thermaltake smartfan 2 would be better. Alot of folks like the Ax-7 and smartfan 2, so I'd say thats probably a pretty safe route for you. should be 30-35$ before shipping Or Pinky is selling them together for 35$ shipped. That is if someone doesn't beat you to them.

the vantec aeroflow is your best shot, quiet and VERY good cooling -- and the fan is fine.

Back