• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Are The Drives Arrangment With A Scuzi Installed Along With An Ide Drive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Networker

Disabled
Hey guys i was wondering if someone can help me understand how the drives arrangment are when a scuzi is installed along with an ide drive. the ide drive letters are A:FLOPPY C: PRIMARY PARTITION SET TO ACTIVE F: CD ROM DRIVE. E would be primary formatted partition. Now on the scuzi the drive arrangment would be C: PRIMARY FORMATTED PARTITION D: PRIMARY PARTition and what is the next drive am i understanding this right? what would the cd rom drive be on the scuzi? and is a still the floppy drive letter assigned on the scuzi?

are you booting from the scsi drive or the IDE drive?

Do you have 1 IDE drive partitoned into 2 Logical DOS drives and the 1 scsi drive also partitioned into 2 Logical DOS drives?... and 1 CD-ROM drive?

Just want to be sure of the facts before I answer that. It makes a difference.

also What Motherboard are you using and are you using an add in SCSI adapter or an Onboard adapter?

I am adding a scuzi adapter along with a 50 pin flat ribbon cable, thats it, ok i am booting from the ide drive i have two partitions on it a primary partition and an extended partition 50% 50%. now on my scuzi i have one single partition which set at 10 % and this partition has been formatted what is the drive letter arrangment in the ide, and now if i make the partition on the scuzi drive which has been set at 10% and make that bootable, what will be the drive arrangment on the scuzi drive? based on this additional information and the above, what is the drive arrangment and letter on the scuzi?

Easiest way to configure it, is to label your drives when you format them. If you're using Win2K or XP, you can assign the drives in any order you want to. How your MB handles SCSI adapters in relation to boot order will also affect the drive arrangement.

Most likely... In the IDE boot scenario, IDE Primary partition will be C:, (Only the Boot partition should be active.), the second IDE Partition/Logical drive will become D:, The scsi drives Formatted partition will become E: and the CD-ROM will end up being F:

In the SCSI boot scenario, You SCSI drive becomes C: and the 2 partitions on the IDE drive will be D: and E: and the CD-ROM uses F:

... usually

Back