• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

In dire need of help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bald Shadow

I just finished putting my system together, tried to boot but I get a long beep in an endless loop ( continuous beep non stop) I've tried to move the memory to different slots but I get the same results. What am i doing wrong. Is it my memory??? I just received the memory from newegg, can the memory stick be defective. I don't have an extra stick to try out.

P4PE
Corsair xms3200 c2
P4-2.66 mcx4000(artic silver) tornado fan 84cfm
9700pro
sx4000 2-WD800JB

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Could be that the MB is grounding to a standoff in the case (I have had that happen a lot). Try taking the MB out of the case and running it to see what happens.

Al

Maximouse: I would like you to know that you were correct in your assumption. In other words, "YOU ARE THE MAN!"

Problem solved, Thank you.

Now back to the computer, I have alot of catching up to you.:D

Bald Shadow said:
Maximouse: I would like you to know that you were correct in your assumption. In other words, "YOU ARE THE MAN!"

Problem solved, Thank you.

Now back to the computer, I have alot of catching up to you.:D

Glad its working:beer:

I dunno If I am the man, but lately, when someone posts that they cant get their new setup to work I usually give them that solution to try first and in a lot of the cases it works. Maybe that is " The Solution" :)

Ta
Al

Back