• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New heatsink / Fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hkgonra

OK I was filling my cart at newegg , new mobo , sk6+ , and then I went for a fan. I was looking for a 60 x 38 , they had none. I couldn't even find any delta's . What gives?

I am assuming this is for an AMD system. There is another good heatsink/fan combo that gets high scores, and supposedly works very well. The Coolermaster HHC-001 Heatpipe works good... and recieves high marks from most reviewers.

I use whatever gets a better price/performance rate (Of fairly recent technology). So I use AMD's... though it's getting alot closer. So if AMD goes belly up I'm really scared. I won't get any higher than a 2100+ if that happens. I'm NOT paying 400$ for a cpu. I payed 500$ for a cpu, fan, goldfinger and mobo once (slot A days 900mhz had JUST come out) I sold it all for 100$.

P4s arent that expensive. Check out Directron. And in your sig, who died for me? I don't recall anyone dying for me.

AntmanMike said:
I am assuming this is for an AMD system. There is another good heatsink/fan combo that gets high scores, and supposedly works very well. The Coolermaster HHC-001 Heatpipe works good... and recieves high marks from most reviewers.

I got the HHC-001 in today , that thing is HEAVY !

I hope it works good with the new xp1600 I got.

About the fan adapters with thermalrights, ive seen alot of ppl say just get an adapter, but its not that easy! Remember thermalright had to be different by using clips to attach the fan, so adding an adapter is not so easy as it is normaly to jist screw it in. But if anyone knows a way to safely attach one to an sk6, PM me I am very interested as this delta can only be describe with one word...LOUD.

subconcept said:
About the fan adapters with thermalrights, ive seen alot of ppl say just get an adapter, but its not that easy! Remember thermalright had to be different by using clips to attach the fan, so adding an adapter is not so easy as it is normaly to jist screw it in. But if anyone knows a way to safely attach one to an sk6, PM me I am very interested as this delta can only be describe with one word...LOUD.

Yeah , I think they got the name from the jets . :D

Back