• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water temperatures?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

asmodean

I'm using 25 liter reservoir... No radiator yet. The reservoir is open, se the water evaporates at a nice rate. What I was wondering is what kind of water temperatures people get with radiator or bong?

Mine stays steadily at 33C, which is 5C above room ambient. I've also noticed that there is an almost direct ratio with water/CPU temperatures.
I once let the water drop to 31C and my CPU temps went down ~2C too, when I put the computer back on. FYI, my temps are currently 48C...

with my bong cooler at its original height of 2' 6" and fan on full blast I saw water temps of 21ºC [room temp was 26ºC.] Since then I cut down on the *drop* size to 2' and increased reservoir size to 6.5". That lowered the evaporation but also lowered the cooling to about 1ºC below ambient, I've seen it go up to 1ºC over also. It REALLY evaporates a LOT of water though... I calculated it to be around 7 oz an hour with my tower :-( do the math, a 24 hour supply of water would require a reservoir 2' 1" high and 4" in diameter to last 24 hours :-((( HIGH maintenence

asmodean (Jul 13, 2001 03:07 p.m.):
I'm using 25 liter reservoir... No radiator yet. The reservoir is open, se the water evaporates at a nice rate. What I was wondering is what kind of water temperatures people get with radiator or bong?

Mine stays steadily at 33C, which is 5C above room ambient. I've also noticed that there is an almost direct ratio with water/CPU temperatures.
I once let the water drop to 31C and my CPU temps went down ~2C too, when I put the computer back on. FYI, my temps are currently 48C...

In my closed inboard rad.cooled system, I normally have 28-29degr.C at idle, 34-35C at full load. CPU-temp at full load: 45-46C 30-32 idle. Ambient temp: 20-22degr.C.

Fjeld

Thanks!

I'm planning on getting some glykol tomorrow, so then I'll see if the water/CPU temp ratio stays same. There's also few desiliters of dishwashing in the reservoir, dunno if it helped anything but it didn't rise the temperatures, that's for sure.

Back