• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC Alert 4 or MBM5 more accurate?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Codeman05

Well just for the heck of it I installed PC Alert 4 that came with my Mobo. Well, when I installed it, it shows my idle CPU temp as 41C, MBM5 shows my CPU temp as 35C. So I reboot my computer and go into the bios and it shows 35-36...boot back into windows and MBM5 still shows 35-36 and PCA4 shows 40....I don't see how my computer picked up 5-6 degrees booting up, so I think MBM5 is reading more accurately....that make sense to you guys??

you just have to play around with the software. The accuracy comes from you motherboard monitoring hardware, it has nothing to do with the software. THe only think I can think of is if PC alert isn't 100% compatiable with your motherboard sensors. There is nothing wrong with MBM, just use it. It has the auto shutdown feature which can't be beat.

skahtul is correct. It's the sensors on your motherboard that report incorrect temps. All monitoring programs do is report what the sensors measure.

You can calibrate MBM5 - use an external probe to determine the true temps, and adjust the MBM reading accordingly

skahtul said:
you just have to play around with the software. The accuracy comes from you motherboard monitoring hardware, it has nothing to do with the software. THe only think I can think of is if PC alert isn't 100% compatiable with your motherboard sensors. There is nothing wrong with MBM, just use it. It has the auto shutdown feature which can't be beat.

I have and will continue to use MBM, I was playing around with a few different programs, also speedfan, and noticed that MSI's software read a good bit off.

I have noticed differant programs being off before also. I even have trouble with MBM sometimes. I figure as long as it matches the BIOS then it is probably right. ?

Back