• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking help- maybe mobo prob..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

microhaxo

Registered
I have a unlocked 2600 and i want to set multiplyer to 12, or 11 and bump up the fsb high, my goal is 2.4 gighrz but i cant oc my fsb past 170, and its norm set at 167, 3 isnt a diff, but it wont boot after 169.. whats wrong?

Re: yah

microhaxo said:
i just wanna know whats wrong , and i wanna fix it..

why don't you help us help you and list ALL your specs (should have done it in the first post) and include your temperature. Also there's a chance your chip is not a good overclocker and nothing will fix that.:(

eh .. temp is 42 c memory corsair 3200 400 mhz mem , 1.5 gig 120 gig hd winxp and a A7N8X mobo, a 80 mfan Sounds like jet..

could someone plz help, i have been trying to figure out whats wrong for like 6 hours..

Sounds like a memory issue to me, I guess that 1.5GB = 3x 512MB sticks. Try to leave only 2 RAMs in, remove the most out stick of ram | || remove the red stick and see if it helps, or just remove 2 and stay with one stick of RAM and see if it helps, also check to see if your RAM doesn't run asynchronous to the FSB, so FSB and ram have a ratio of 1:1

hmm ok so they are not sync sbd , or whatever, its 200 set at.. if i sync it it goes to like 160 or somthing, so i should synch it? or make it 1.1?

Yes, make RAM run at the speed of the FSB, the ram is holding you back. When you up the FSB, u up the RAM speed beyond 200MHz and it can't take it. Running the RAM at FSB speed will give you a headroom of at least till 200MHz

it worked!

Thx man it worked.. stable at 2.2333 gighrtz, i got it at 2.3 but it wasnt stable temp is 49c is there ne thing els i can do? multiplyer is at 12, not 12.5

Always glad to help! :D happy it works, I guess you should consider better cooling before going any further as 49C is getting pretty hot there. What is the cooler that you are using?

DOH! should've remembered.... Do you have the motherboard CD? It must have some software to monitor temps, I haven't seen a motherboard come w/o one

I got 110 MHz more and just as stable when I went from the stock 10.5 -> 10 multiplier... then I upped voltage for another 40... try every multiplier you can think of at higher or lower FSB's, there may be a sweet spot waiting for you.

Back