• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water cooling Vs TEC Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[sAn]Assasin

Registered
Im looking to water cool or TEC water cool..

Ive looked at all the pure water setups and they seem straightforward enough and give good results,however what about TEC cooling with water to cool the other side of the tec, like the swiftec UT thingy? How much better is the TEC to the pure water?

Also does anyone know of any other brands of TEC cooling rather than swifttec that does a water block with a built on cold plate?

Just want the best cooling and the one thats not gonna be as loud a my 6 80mm fans.. :)

performance equals loudness no water which way you go.

before I had 6 80mm fans:
after h2o 3 80mm fans and two 120mm fans+ pump:

If you want good temps, noise is your friend...

you should use h2o to cool tecs over 80w, todays cpu needs more

pure water 32c load or lower depending on room temp.
tecs 17c load or lower depending on room temp.

check: http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MzU3

maze 3 has one setup with tecs installed, dangerden.com

best cooling would be promedia or chiller, because they use a compressor and that could get you -20 or lower...:beer: expensive:p , but if you want the best $500 to $1200 shouln't be a problem:rolleyes:

edit: remember that the load temp above for tec is with a 122w higher w may equal lower temps...;)

Last edited:
[sAn]Assasin said:
Also does anyone know of any other brands of TEC cooling rather than swifttec that does a water block with a built on cold plate?
Tom Leufkens has a intresting device, it's direct watercooled TEC-die WB-thingy. I haven't been looking for any results yet though.
It's looks like a easy solution until you'r picking it apart....

Right now with a MCW462-UHT on my 1900+ at stock speeds I'm getting an idle temp of 11C and a load temp of 14C. I'll overclock it here in a few and give you the results of it.

Back