• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Black Friday Experience

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bubba gump

Well, this was my first Black Friday, it was.. fun kind of. Getting to wake up at 5 AM (not the fun part :)) Waiting in line at Best Buy at 5:30 Until 6 (Not fun either :)). And after the "Best Buy Experience" Waiting in the front of the line at CompUSA.

Well, i mostly god everything i wanted, the 40X CD-RW (which was not CenDyne or whatevery u people thought it was, at ocmpusa it was a BUSlink.....)Got the CD-RW for $20 AR.

I got my 75gb WD HDD and some useless PC133 SDRAM im gonna sell or make a comp for my parents with.

And then for the whole family, we got 150 discs (2 75 packs) For free, ar.

Now for what exactly went on.

Well, after waking up and getting ready, sneeking around the house trying not to wake anyone up, me and my dad left the house at arund 5:20 and ended getting at Best Buy at 5:40.

As soon as we get off the freeway, we see the humoungos line to the entrance of Best Buy. The line was like....from the entrance, all the way to the freeway side wall, then back down that wall, and over say 40 yards into the parking lot, then looping back into the other lot for 20 yards.

It was amazing how many people there were! It was quite surprising that we actually got in and got what we wanted, coz i mean...lol there was so many people.

After about 30 minutes of waiting and walking i was in the store. I rush over to the HDD's going to grab one of those wd 75gb, and on the rack....i see none, only 80gb,40, and a 120, and various maxtor drives.....Im like, "NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!" Then this one guy asks the perosn behind the desk, and thank god, they have the memory and the hdd bundled!

I though that they wouldve made you hunt for them...lol
Luckily the CD-R's were right by the check out, so we grabbed 2 packs.

Now as we went onto CompUSA i could not believe how short the line was! I was expecting the line to be about half as long as the Best Buy.......But then again, its a lot smaller than Best Buy . We waited abou 15 minutes, and the store opened at 7:00 AM.

In there after about a few steps, almost all of the lights went off.....lol it was dark, but luckily bright enough to find my way to the CD-RW Drives. I picked it up, and on my way out to the check-out, i saw this nice looking computer, the main part that attracted me to it, was the window and the fact that it had a few red lights in it er neons r whatever.

We actually only spent about 5 minuts in CompUSA, *whew*.

Then from what i remeber i read on the forums, about a free dvd-rom drive ar.
I wasnt totally sure, so i went into there store and on there flyer thing they handed me, i didn't see anything on a dvd-rom drive :( darn.

In conclusion Black Friday has many deals, and is wonderful........if you want to wake up before the sun, and wait about 40 minutes.

Well, here is mah loot!

loot_blackfriday.jpg

I got the free DVD ROM, it was at office max... got a raincheck for a $20 CD-RW cause some girl behind the counter let some loud-mouthed idiot take three of the six they had in stock, luckily I grabbed a stock ticket before anyone else, and they are going to honor it later.

i got a 60gb fluid bearing Maxtor Drive for 50$ (packaging was missing), 80GB SE WD for 99$, but im prolly returning that as it cost too much....couple free kb/mice, couple usb hubs, and 150 free cdrs

i got a buslink to. I know bubba and saw hin this morning. It wonders me why he didnt get the same priced or ten dollar cheaper 48X 🇪🇭

My Black Friday Experience want great. First of all I didnt get out of the house untill 5:50 at got to Best Buy right as it opend. Upon going in, I couldnt find the hard drivs, which I later found were at a counter and the guy infront of m got the last one. So at about 6:15, i got into line for the Office Max and waited 45 minutes. What a joke. I was in likr 5th place in line and buy the time I got in, they were all out of free stuff. They only had like 3 everything. So I quickly jetted over to CompUSA and walked around. There was a line of about 20 ppl for CompUSA when I got to Best Buy and I dunno how big it got. Anyway, I went in and to my amazement I was one of the "first 25 Customers". I thank my brain for allowing me to figure out I had to use my ninja skills and stealthly hunt down a person giveing out tickets, while not allowing anyone to ssee me. I got one :sn: . I then went and nabbed an EPO 16x DVD-ROm drive for 20, as well as a Buslink 48x12x48 for 20. I then proceeded to nab a router and 25 feet of CAT5e cable and then another 7ft of it. The plan was to get home quickly and set up home network. Didnt go as planned. We had to wait in a line for the Hard Drive which we later learned was for PS2 customers but the Workers had bothered to tell anyone. I ran up and redeemed my 20gig harddrive and remembered ad. I grab in a leap into the gamepad isle and get one for 3dollars AR. I then run into the line. his line stretched across the whole store and when I finally get to the breaking point of the line to the different cash registers (only three open :rolleyes: ) and I picked one, soon seeing it was the biggest mistake I made in the day. her little cash register lite that looked like this (3) kept on flashing and she was trying to get help from a manager. Keep in mind a ton of us are in line. We are all waiting and finally I get fed up and go and tell the manager to help and he didnt do anything. I suggested opening another register and the manager said they will if the problem isnt fixed after they help the current customer. I request he or another employee direct us to the othe rline to prevent riots. Request Denied, the manager ran off to play some video games. Anyway, some genius decides to turn all but one light off. I finnally pay and then must get rebates from little packages. Stoe entered at--- 7:05am(didnt even bother looking in Office Max anymore)Date left------9:15. Exausted and hungry as I am, I get some McDonals breakfst, a sausage mcmuffin combo wit 2 extra hash browns and Orange Drink ( :D ) . I get home and set up network which I just finished before righting this post. It took about 2 hours.

I did learn one valuable thinbg from this day, it is hella hard to get internet sharing and what not between windows xp and windows 2k. XP 0wnz itz assz0rz

Back