• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus A7N8X temp reporting problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cypher

Currently I have a xp 2600 in my A7N8X and bios is reporting 58C at idle. This is with a AX-7 with a smartfan 2. This same setup in my A7V8X ran at 38C idle. And I have reseated the heatsink several times. Now ASUS probe that came with the board is stating more consistant values 38C idle and 44C load. Motherboard monitor does not yet support ths board and CPUCool lists two channels at 54C but I am not sure what they are listing. All in all it appears to be reporting 10-12C high. Has anyone else experienced this or have any recommendations?

My board is reading 41C under load with a 2400 @ 11X200 1.8 volts water cooled.

Well that's hard to say since the bios is the only source for readings that I have, but it hasn't given me any far fetched data.

I have same Temp Reading Problem

I have A7V8X, A7N8X, and KX7-333 motherboards..
(Well~ Actually only A7N8X is mine. others are for my friends. ^^;)

I used AthlonXP 1600+ @ 1703MHz with default 1.75v
A7V8X : 49
KX7-333 : 44 --> this M/B can't read temp from CPU itself
A7N8X : 40

Since I'm using Zalman CNPS6000Cu Flower HS with 2000RPM 92mm Fan, The temp should be higher than 40...

In addition, Core Voltage on A7V8X is 1.76V @ 1.75v. However, it is 1.84v @ A7N8X.. So actuall Temp should be a lot higher than A7V8X's...

I'm waiting for newer BIOS and I hope it will be able to fix this problem.

I had a 1800+ palo w/stock HSF on my A7N8X, and both Asus Probe and Bios would report the same temps.

Now, after installling a 1700+ tbred w/ a Volcona 9, Bios shows a 10C increase in temp compared to Asus Probe.

I don't know which is correct... on boot up, bios shows the temp to be 46C ( seems rather high, unless I botched the HSF install ), where as Asus Probe would show 36C.

Even the latest version of AP shows 36C: ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/misc/utils/probe21809.zip

Yes its hosed, in both Probe and the bios. Hope Abit addresses it really soon cause I have no idea what temp Im really running.
Scott

I had ap pretty stron felling its a bios problem since I had better temps on same processor and different board but just wanted to see if anyone else was seeing this to make sure. Thanks for the replys.

scott123 said:
Yes its hosed, in both Probe and the bios. Hope Abit addresses it really soon cause I have no idea what temp Im really running.
Scott

ya, abit really would benefit from fixing other companies issues ;)

When I was able to access the bios, it read the cpu temp as 6C. DD5 reported 33C. :rolleyes:
It's on it's way back to Newegg.

Back