• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TbredA and kt7a won't work

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

waver123

Hi guys,
I just got my TbredA 1800+ from newegg today, couldn't quite get it to work with my kt7a rev 1.0.

I'm currently using rev a9, flashing back to 7n doesn't help. Basically at first it wouldn't even post, hitting reset multiple time would get it to reset and boot at 100mhz fsb (1150mhz) and things would work. Finally I found out that any fsb close to 133mhz won't work. Right now I can get it to work at 12.5 x 124 = 1550. As I get closer to 133 it won't cold boot. The thing is I know everything else in my system works fine at 133fsb before with my old Tbird, so this is very wierd. I have crucial 133mhz cas2 so I know it's not memory problem.

Anyway 1550 is fine for now until I get my nforce2 or kt400a, but this seems really wierd (some strange timing issue with kt7a??). I tried setting cpu drive strength to 1 and set delay transaction as suggested in another thread but that doesn't work. Oh well. BTW chip seems real cool, the mb cpu temp hardly breaks 31'C.

hi thx for the link, the flashing worked fine.
But my t-bred still doesn't run on my kt7a.
I have tried to set the multi to 12,5 but it did not work on my board.

I am a little curious about what multipliers were available to you. Was the Tbred unlocked below 12.5 on your board?

Back