• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should i get a t-bred xp 1800+ or a regular 1800+?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Darryl_D

hey guys... I've been shying away from intel more and more now. See what i need is a folding rig, and even i know you can't do better than amd'sforfolding... :) My question is, do you guys think that i should get one of those new tbreds 1800+ or juwst a regular one... Is there any benefit to having the t-bred. A while back (the last time i looked at the t-breds) it was that the t-btreds ran hotter than the regular ones and had minimal performance gain (this was with the 2200+ i believe) Is that still ture?

I would definately get the T-bred based one.
They do run cooler and overclock better despite the decrease in die surface area like many have emphasized.
Also they are a good price over at newegg.com and other places
i might get me one too if i don't get a 2400+
:mad: :beer: :burn: :argue: :cool:

the tbreds using the same voltage run about 3-5C HOTTER than pallys under my experience using the 1800+ tbred.

i own one and using only 1.725v can do 2ghz. NO palomino can do this (they take over 2.0v to get 2ghz) so i would highly recommend getting the tbred.

Soul_keeper said:
I would definately get the T-bred based one.
They do run cooler and overclock better despite the decrease in die surface area like many have emphasized.
Also they are a good price over at newegg.com and other places
i might get me one too if i don't get a 2400+
:mad: :beer: :burn: :argue: :cool:

I'd get a T-Bred as well, however, T-Bred's are alot hotter than the Palomino core.

Yeah, go with the Tbred core. If you buy a Palomino you're not guaranteed a good stepping, but I haven't seen a report of a lower Tbred that isn't OCing to ~2ghz (dependent on cooling of course).

TBred is running much cooler.

My retail TBred 1700 is running at (1.7MHZ, XP2000 level) with 1.6 Vcore. Its temperature stays below 40C(room temperature is around 15C). If I run it at default vcore(1.5V), its temperature is around 35C. BTW I am using the stock fan(come with the retail package).

TBred is not designed for running at 1.75V or higher. If your vcore is set below 1.75V. It will run cooler. You can build a really quiet PC if you run it at default vcore.

I got both palomino and thoroughbred versions of the XP 1800.

the palomino one craps out 1700 regaurdless of voltage and FSB.

my thoroughbred one, just did 2360 mhz tonight.
you can see my post about it here.

I'd get the T-Bred too, seeing how high these chips can overclock, the Pali's are ain't worth the money you pay for them any more.

To sourskittles: Check the link in my signature (sig) the part that is seperated by this long line, between my post and the computer parts I have, the part below the line is signature, which we like to call sig in short. Rig is as same as comp but I guess it just sounds better so if you see someone say "check out my new rig" that means "check out my new computer"

does anyone besides me think that saying "rig" sounds like a geeky way of trying to sound tough? to me it just sounds cheesy so I just say PC or Computer or "new hardware".

Back