• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Heat problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zabomb4163

i have an AMD 1600XP with stock heatsink

my load temps are 60C. i've heard that its normal for stock heatsink but i think i might have found another problem with my rig

the powersupply is 1 inch from the processor. powersupplies put out alot of heat. think if i move it it'll fix my temps ??? or am i just being paraniod ??

if i should move it, how should i go about doing it

As for the heatsink, the fan on the back should be blowing out, so it's not pushing any hot air onto your processor. (even if the fan is on the bottom, like some models, it should be blowing air out the back of the computer).

As for the temps, are you overclocked at all? Also, are you using artic silver II/III?

My old Dell was like that but it was a P3 so it doesn't matter. Those temps are very hot. My good airflow case was getting 56C with my stock fan but my Vantec Aeroflow got it up to 1.91 at 47C. All temps are load.

If you are not having any stablitity issues, don't worry...

zabomb4163 said:

the powersupply is 1 inch from the processor. powersupplies put out alot of heat. think if i move it it'll fix my temps ??? or am i just being paraniod ??

if i should move it, how should i go about doing it

I have the same problem in my case, but it really isn't a problem. As long the fan is pulling air out, there shouldn't be any problem.

-PC

I'm taking over this thread now =Þ

I just looked through the CPU database a little, and found this one guy with a Taularon 1,2 @ 1,7 with a watercooled 156W pelt and 1,67 Vcore ...his temp is about ambient (!?!)
Shouldn't the chips have major condensation?! I mean, the output of the chip @ default vcore and clock is 35W

Can this actually be? ..or is he doing something wrong?

I'm just scared I might find myself in the situation :( ..I don't want to get a 156W pelt and a watercooling set-up if I'd find the temps @ ambient

do a search for your motherboard type and see if there are any threads saying your board might read high temps. Sensors arent always in sync with the bios, but your PSU shouldnt be creating too much heat. if it is try mounting a higher CFM fan on it to cool it down.

Hope this helps!

Willem :cool:

EDIT (after i read finken's post): Finken dude, what are you doing?? you sure you wanted to write that here???

W.

Last edited:
yeah, amd hs suck monkey balls

well at least it can run prime for 8 hours and only be at 62 max. so i guess its stable. but from reading on forum everyone says that is murder on a chip

If it's causing you trouble, buy another HS.

BTW, how can there be alot of heat from the PSU?
PSU-fans blow out the hot air...

Back