• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pc2100 @ 320mhz..but it blew up lol

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brunt

Ok well....I dont know if any of you remember...but the resitors came from my ram...it was because it was cheap ram, and OC to much...I am going for a new setup..

Either Epox or Asus...but I want the new Nvidia agp/pci locking chipset.

Any opinions?

I am still going to use my 1600+ and try to squeeze as much as I can out of it...

ALSO, is AMD really going to top producing CPUs? Atleast for a while? If they do....then Intel will really be like Microsoft...cant the government give AMD some kind of grants or something to stay in competition??

I dunno..I just felt bad after the news..I love AMD. If I won the lotto...I would take everything that would go for taxes...and donate it all to AMD, and write it off as a donation :)

First, get an A7N8X from Asus. It's running my 1600 at 199x10 and I love it.

Second, AMD will no longer compete with Intel in a head to head strategy. They will continue to produce CPUs however they will not push for faster, smaller CPUs as they recognize the market for such commodities has shrunken; the pond isn't big enough for two fish so being the smaller of the two, AMD's opting to diversify into new territory. Quite honestly, I'm glad they're doing this. It'll strengthen their financial position, help create industry alliances and it'll also take the intense pressure off of their engineers. Those guys knew that up until now, they've been AMD's only hope for survival and that kind of prolonged pressure can burn people out.

~THT

Well...ok, 2 opinions...cost doesn't really matter...its only $30 more(for asus from googlegear), and I like Asus...I was just wondering...do both mobos have the agp/pci locking busses...and is anyone having any problems with either?

Back