• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How are the C1 2.40bs overclocking?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
micamica1217 said:

what vmem are you running at?

maybe you can do 2,6,2,2 with a slight burn in.

this is still not bad for xms3000....

mica

Vmem is at 2.8 volts. Not sure what option to choose in Sandra to burn in memory. I've had the memory up to 460DDR @2,6,3,3. Seemed stable.

Right now, I am getting a bunch of video tearing.... Not sure what this is. I RMA'd my video card a few days back for this very reason. This loaner video card appears to not have fixed the issue. Perhaps my memory is flaking out?

Last edited:
timster said:

Vmem is at 2.8 volts. Not sure what option to choose in Sandra to burn in memory. I've had the memory up to 460DDR @2,6,3,3. Seemed stable.

Right now, I am getting a bunch of video tearing.... Not sure what this is. I RMA'd my video card a few days back for this very reason. This loaner video card appears to not have fixed the issue. Perhaps my memory is flaking out?

try 2,7,3,3 or 2.5,7,3,3.....see if you get the video tearing then.

you also should be running with the pci fix turned on.
that will make you know it's not the video card.

good luck

mica

micamica1217 said:

try 2,7,3,3 or 2.5,7,3,3.....see if you get the video tearing then.

you also should be running with the pci fix turned on.
that will make you know it's not the video card.

good luck

mica

I have tried these settings, 2.5,7,3,3 with AGP/PCI locked. Still has video tearing. I am using a loaner video card until my TI4600 is returned. Odd, the tearing continues... Is this bad ram? Even at stock settings, I still have video tearing. TIA

TIMSTER

timster said:

I have tried these settings, 2.5,7,3,3 with AGP/PCI locked. Still has video tearing. I am using a loaner video card until my TI4600 is returned. Odd, the tearing continues... Is this bad ram? Even at stock settings, I still have video tearing. TIA

TIMSTER

Oh man, Have you tryed vsync "on"??? ( I'll bet this is not what you are talking about, but I had to try.)

could you describe the tearing....is it in 2d as well as 3d games?

something is fishy here....sounds like a possable mobo problem.
it could be the ram, but I dought it.

mica

micamica1217 said:

Oh man, Have you tryed vsync "on"??? ( I'll bet this is not what you are talking about, but I had to try.)

could you describe the tearing....is it in 2d as well as 3d games?

something is fishy here....sounds like a possable mobo problem.
it could be the ram, but I dought it.

mica

I don't know how to enable or dissable vsync.

My system crashed loosing everything. So, tonight I deleted the partition and reformated the HD. I installed Windows XP Home and all updates from updates.msn.com. Then, I installed Star Wars Episode 1 Racer.

This is what happens: I start a race getting around the first turn then the screen freezes but the sounds continue. Other times before the system crash, I would start a race and the screen would show only one color like purple and freeze. Another game was Test Drive 6. I would run a race, then there would be tears... as though "Edward Siser Hands" came in and started slashing the screen. I was able to still race, but nearly impossible to see with all the slashes and oddities. I could quit the game, but the screen would be distorted such that the icons would be illegible. Running Quake 3 Arena, I would get several errors refering the the video card. So, I RMA'd ,after contacing Gainward, that card and am using a TNTUltra2 as a loaner card. Same issues with this video card. So, now the question is, do I have bad ram or a bad AGP slot? This is the question I keep asking myself. What do you think? By the way, I am running at all stock settings right now... No overclocking, overvolting etc... This "tearing" has been an issue since the day I put this thing together. It never was perfect.

Another thing it was doing, after bootup into Windows, the screen would shift a bit to the left, pause then return back. Does this mean anything? TIA

Timster

Last edited:
I realy don't know what is going on. I've never had problems like this....and you get this at stock.:eek:

I can't see how this is memory related, yet what do I know.

I too think it's your agp slot that is messed up.

I hope you get more peeps to respond.
maybe someone else will know.

mica

timster, does your pc run prime95 tests okay? U will prolly find it fails (unstable)

I found I can o/c my 2.4c1 all the way upto 3.2Ghz on air. Runs windows fine. However I have an Asus p4t533 board and it doesn't live running at high vcores :(

So i have clocked it down to 2.7 (146fsb, 4x mem, 1.575 vcore) on air, temp at 30c, 35-40 under load. Prime95 tests fine.

That will do me until I find a solution for the board. I know the chip will easy do 3.2Ghz. Shame about the board really.

micamica1217 said:
I realy don't know what is going on. I've never had problems like this....and you get this at stock.:eek:

I can't see how this is memory related, yet what do I know.

I too think it's your agp slot that is messed up.

I hope you get more peeps to respond.
maybe someone else will know.

mica

Way back in the day..... when the Pentium 133 came out, I had purchased some ram. 4 sticks of Atlas EDO 60ns ram, totalling 128 megs. Within a short time, I noticed video tearing. One of those sticks was bad. I replaced it and whala, no more video tearing. The ram I have now has been RMA, but returned. So, is it the AGP slot?:eek: I dunno. The video card I have now is an old TNT2 Ultra. It too has had its issues. Perhaps it's bad too? As soon as my TI4600 is returned, I shall try again. Thanks for your replies.:D

TIMSTER

pure said:
timster, does your pc run prime95 tests okay? U will prolly find it fails (unstable)

I found I can o/c my 2.4c1 all the way upto 3.2Ghz on air. Runs windows fine. However I have an Asus p4t533 board and it doesn't live running at high vcores :(

So i have clocked it down to 2.7 (146fsb, 4x mem, 1.575 vcore) on air, temp at 30c, 35-40 under load. Prime95 tests fine.

That will do me until I find a solution for the board. I know the chip will easy do 3.2Ghz. Shame about the board really.

I have not tried Prime. The current issue has presented a challeng in itself. As soon as I remedy it, I will try Prime 95. Oooi the experience I have had in this my first overclock:mad:

Thanks for the reply:D

TIMSTER

Hi,

your remenber, the guy that, Prime 95 is not stable enough for three seconds...............!!!!:mad:

My System running now a few days without freezes or crashes,everything works fine!!!:cool:

I can't believe that the Asus board is a "Overclocker Killer"!!

My Theory is that:

The chipset, or the CPU'S that running only about 160-165FSB.

In my opinion it is very very difficult to acclaim the 3GIG Barrier with a 2,4B BO /C1 ..................

But it has a wonderful Multi..................:D

Bye

I RMA'd my TI4600. I am using a Voodoo3 2000PCI card. But, read my signature for my overclock. Running stable too:D No more video tearing.:cool:

In response to the the P4PE possibly being the problem, this could very well be the case. It overclocks well, so I have heard, yet this stops at a certain FSB. It seems as if 167 is the magic number. Anything beyond that, don't expect much. I'll post my results in a new thread most likely once my parts arrive:

P4 2.53(Stepping - **)
Asus P4PE
Geil 256MB 433MHz DDR-3500 Ultra Platinum (CAS 2 6-3-3 1T @ DDR433)
Swiftech MCX4000-B
Thermaltake Smart Case Fan II

I posted in a thread I started about my GF4 only reporting 64 megs ram instead of 128. And I mentioned about the low FPU/SSE2 scores in Sandra Unicode from my P4 2.53 C1 stepped cpu.

I thought it was the mobo. I had P4PE. I am trying a Abit BE7 right now. Nothing has changed. I still show 64 megs of vcard ram and my cpu scores low in Sandra cpu arithimetic FPU/SSE2 tests.

Also over on the Asusboards fourm I was talking to a guy who had the exact same problem with 2 p4 2.4Bs C1 stepped. He had tried them on about 5 different mobos!

After 2 mobos I honestly believe we have a processor problem from Intel.

Cheers,
Mike

Timster,
do you mean distorted / flickering polygons, or something similar to a hall of mirrors effect (remember idnoclip mode in DOOM?).

You said the problems have gone away with a PCI video card, and the problem occurs at stock, so, for sure, its either an AGP port, or AGP SETTING problem, or bad RAM.

Do you have Sidebanding enabled? If so, disable it.
do you have fastwrites enabled? If so, disable it.

You can use Rivatuner to do it, or even Powerstrip.

Try this, then report back with an AGP video card....

I originally posted this topic. Since then, the retail C1s are out in Japan. In fact, I saw a 2.53b the first store I checked in Akihabara last weekend and couldn't believe it was a week 35 C1. Pack date 10-30, Malay.

At least two other stores had retail 2.40b C1s, pack date 11-17.

I tested my 2.53b last night and it does 2.99 at 1.60 true VCORE. Since I got the chip in a BD7II currently, I don't have many voltage options. At 5% over or 1.66, I can do 3.01-3.04. At 1.744 VCORE I can do 3.06-3.1. Haven't tested higher.

Temps are 33 C max but that's cause my room temp is 18 C. I am using a digital temp probe on the CPU.

At 3.04 gig I pass all my 3D stress tests and a SuperPI 34' run. I haven't tested 3.1 gig yet but I believe she's stable as Memtest is totally clean. Any #4 errors means the CPU is unstable; #5 and #6 errors means the ram is. But don't wanna run 1.744 volts so will drop back down to 1.66. But looks like my C1 responds to voltage.

I need to put this in my P4T533-R where at 160/4x I should see close to 4000 bandwidth. :D

the last P4 2400B C1 i got
255.JPG
this with 3:4 isn't at all stable, but with 1.71v and 4:5 the cpu works well, the limit of the shot is the memory ;)

(in the signature a 3damrk at 3338, the max stable with 3:4 for my mem, 1.66v)

all liquidcooled

Back