• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ABIT AT7-MAX2 w/ 2600+ 333 FSB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

guppie

I know a few people have this setup working strong and I was hoping some of you guys could give your 2 cents, cuz I'm looking at this exact setup myself.

From what I understand, this is a great MB and has excellent OC'ing potential. However, it does not have any PS/2 ports, right? I would need a new USB keyboard/mouse?

What would a reasonable OC be with air cooling (assuming you didn't get best stepping).

What P4 CPU would be similar in terms of speed? (this whole AMD MHz+ thing has me confused cuz AMD XP2600+ is not equivalent to P4 2600MHz) The reason I ask this is because, for the same price, I can buy a P4 2.5Ghz with similar MB features...
so if I'm only going to get 2.0GHz with XP2600+ for same price then the P4 is a better choice? Yes? No??? Help!

But if I can get better quality, stability and speed with OC'd XP2600+ then even better.

Oh yeah, does AMD XP2600+ have hyperthreading???

Last edited:
Back