• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

may some one tell me when happen to oem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Havn't got the official reason (as I'm not a mod) but I would assume that with all the flame wars and other things being attributed to OEM- they (the moderators) probably decided to put a stop to it all.

While I (in hindsight) agree with their decision as people were getting fed up with it all- I would like closure on the subject, whats the OFFICIAL reason for the locking the thread- but as they said... things like this are probably best kept to a simple "thing before you act" message and PM's.

Speaking of PM's- try asking Jeff Bolton, as far as moderators and OEM involvment goes.. he's the best person to ask (but he officialy removed himself from the OEM and has no further involvment- just to clear that up).

1-Man-Army said:
keep me updated if u get any more info

I was reading Theelmac's final post of the "official OEM thread".
It was definatly about the flame wars, although it seemed more like a personal view on HIS part rather than a decision by the moderators as a collective body- but thats just my opinion.

If THIS thread continues to ***** about the moderators decision to close the thread- we could be opening another stack of beans, and I don't want another thing to explode over OEM.

But official wordage on the subject would be groovy but it seems that its just about bit****g, griping and people going over the top in the name of ethics.

no- its cool by me- I want to know too, but remember that the OEM was founded on the intention of educating people and look where that went :(

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions"

Not as good as Stoke Me A Clipper (but it was Arnold Rimmer that said it not Ace (just cos he was wearing a cheap wig(amd yes I know Ace is just a persona- I'll beat you at smeg quest anyday cos I'm just tooo smegging brainy) :rolleyes:)

T.Toy said:
Not as good as Stoke Me A Clipper (but it was Arnold Rimmer not Ace (just cos he was wearing a cheap wig :roll eyes:)

he WAS ace rimmer then - or at least he tried to be
well done on noticing that btw! lol:D

Yes, my final post pretty much sums up why the discussion of that nature has been closed. This is not something that was ever supported officially, and was never an official body. It was closed down by me, and if you don't like it, you can feel free to appeal the decision. You can also take it up with me. However, posting threads about it when I SPECIFICALLY SAID NOT TO is NOT a good way to find out about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back