• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win2k won't let me overclock!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Korndog

I presently have an Unlocked AMDXP 1900+ agoga core. My computer seems to run fine at faster cpu mhz until windows is midway starting up and then i get a blue screen error saying something about my bios not being set right, but otherwise all drives boot up, and everything seems ok.
I tried lowering the multiplier to 9x and the bus to 180 and it ran fine, windows started up like normal, but as soon as it goes over 1640~1660, it'll give me the blue screen, do u guys think its windows or my processor/mobo/ram?

Also another question, I can go higher then 180, i tried 190fsb and my network card stopped working (no nic, no 3dmark post :( ) I put up the fsb:agp:pci ratio to 5:2:1, but that doesn't seem to help. Can anyone recommend a good nic card that can handle high bus speeds? Or does anyone know how i can put up the ratio w/ a mobo mod if thats possible...
thanks guys

I Would recommend Realtek, its an awesome little NIC that when my divider was at 1/4 it still worked at 167FSB which is equivelant to 208.75FSB if it was running on a 1/5 divider eneabled mobo

wow.. okey i'll get realtek then. thx
But what about the win2k problem? Has anyone had the same situation when they installed win2k? Or is it possible that my cpu maxed out.. I got the agoga core so i can reach high FSB and a higher cpu mhz. Agoga core is an underclocked 2000+ core right...

Do you have an HDD block mode option in BIOS? If so you should disable that... seems to do the trick every time.

Edit: Stepping doesn't neccessarily say whether it's actually a faster processor underclocked or not... Most AGOIA and AGOGA's seem to run @ 2000+ speeds or higher... but it's not gauranteed. It IS guaranteed to run at the speed indicated on the chip.

I had the same problem with my 1800 XP i overclocked it and then as soon as it started into win2k the blue screen of death popped up :( haven't messed with it enough to figure out why yet though

Back