• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Changing FSB 133 to 166 will it work?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DaBone

Hi all,
I just built my computer a epox MB ep-8k9a kt 400 with AMD 2100 . The MB supports 166 FSB, but I dont know if my CPU can handle it. Does anyone know? If so how do you change it, and do you have to mess with voltage and all that?
Please somebody throw me a Bone :)
Thanks In advance!!!
DaBone

You will have to up the voltage in order to run at 166 FSB. Only you will be able to truely answer if the chip can run at 166. Might as well try.

Is your CPU unlocked? If not, can you unlock it? If you do, you could lower the multi and raise the FSB to 166...

Welcome to the forums Dabone! I would suggest that you lower your CPU multiplier before you take the FSB to 166. I don't really think an xp2100 can do 2158 mHz... so yeah you'll have to increase your voltage a bit and lower the multiplier, maybe to 12*166 which would yield a speed of 1992 mHz. Please tell me if this actually works; that could be an impressive OC for a 2100+.

Back