• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Troubles with Courier-IMAP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DarkArctic

I'm trying to put together a mail server with Postfix and Courier-IMAP. I have Postfix set up fine, but Courier-IMAP is giving me grief.

I ahve Courier-IMAP merge (this is in Gentoo) and it's set up to validate user log ons by using MySQL. This is what happens when I try to login via telnet:

Code:
bash-2.05a# telnet no-where 143
Trying 192.168.1.68...
Connected to no-where.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK Courier-IMAP ready. Copyright 1998-2002 Double Precision, Inc.  See COPYING for distribution information.
1 login mjcaley [i]password-here[/i]
1 NO Login failed.

As far as I can tell all the configuration files are all right. It just can't seem to validate my login name. Any ideas?

-DarkArctic

Solution:

It turns out that the example config file, authmysqlrc.dist, is supposed to be renamed to auhtmysqlrc in order for it to work.

-DarkArctic

DarkArctic said:
Solution:

It turns out that the example config file, authmysqlrc.dist, is supposed to be renamed to auhtmysqlrc in order for it to work.

-DarkArctic

LMAO...That is a linux app for you;) It was in the small print right?

Back