• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AGP ever gone out first

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TyRex

I just got my AGOIA, and i can get up too 166 easily with no vcore or vdimm adjustments........the problem is, my radeon7200 is the first to start acting up. I set my pci latency to 128, so my hd is doing much better than i expected, but my vid card isn't. Has anyone ever had there vid go before anything else????

i think i'll just place an order for an 8rda+.

can you set the agp driving value in the bios? default is DA right? you can set it to the higher value of EA, that helped with stability problems with my r8500. very valuable tip if you don't have agp voltage adjustments in your bios.

juliendogg said:
can you set the agp driving value in the bios? default is DA right? you can set it to the higher value of EA, that helped with stability problems with my r8500. very valuable tip if you don't have agp voltage adjustments in your bios.

What exactly will that change? I have an 8500 too.

it's just the driving value for the agp. a signal. a higher signal can help for stability. the only other setting i've seen recomended is the EA instead of the default of DA. i'm looking for the bios guide i took the info from.. i'll post linkie if i can find it.

http://www.adriansrojakpot.com/Speed_Demonz/BIOS_Guide/BIOS_Guide_Index.htm

using the values i mentioned changes the driving strength from 218 to 234. this should be done very conservatively, i've never experimented with it, only made the switch like i said. it stopped my games from freezing up while heavily overclocked. it's recomended for anyone with a nvidia gforce card, or for assisting in overclocking. but keep in mind, if you do set it to high, you could fry your card!

Back