• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tbred A Voltages

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dpw2atox

Just wandering what safe voltage settings for a 1700+ Tbred A would be? My MB lets me go as high as 1.75v before I have to mod it or mess with the chip. Like with the Palaminos it is typically good to not go higher then 2v unless you have really good cooling and are willing to risk frying a cpu. With the die shrink and lower power requirements what would be some newer safe levels?

You can set the L11 bridge to a different default voltage and that will allow you a higher maximum voltage.

1.9v with a good air cooling setup is the most I'll ever recommend.

thanks....I'll mod my chip in a few days when I get the chance. I'll probally only push the voltage up to 1.85v max anyways. Just enough to hit a stable 2Ghz and I'll be happy.

The rule in overclocking: Maximum vcore overclock is 25% of the default vcore.

For an 1800+ tbred with a default vcore of 1.5v you can safely go to 1.875v mathematically... I usually add 0.025 to live dangerously...

We often disagree on the forums what a "safe" voltage is. Older Palominos ran at a higher default vcore and hence could run at like 2.20v safely (assuming good cooling of course). Running a tbred at that voltage is asking for death! lol

Back