• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooling using loud sounds!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That's sooo neat.... though I wonder just how loud that icebox/refrigerator is??? If only we could convert those loud tornado and delta fans into ice cold cooling... then it wouldn't be so much of a sacrifice.... :)

umm i think you would have to be inside the tube where the sound is resonating in order to actually hear it. under the pressurized gas is the only way they could create the sound that loud.

Or just store your ice cream in your computer, maybe have a special frozen yogurt dispensor mod, so you can have a frozen snack and overclock the heck outa your computer all at the same time!

Sounds of 165 dB would cause a person's hair to catch fire from the frictional heating caused by air undergoing such intense compression and expansion.

woah, gotta watch out for that :D . Pretty neat stuff though, i wonder if you can hear it outside the fridge at all?

That would not be good. I wonder how they're radiating the sound. No speaker driver I know of could ever play that loud unless it was majorly hornloaded. Depending on the frequency you could hear it outside.

The article says they are using a special gas because that loud a sound could not be generated in air. Doest tell any specifics though.

Back