• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.5ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Commander_Kang

Speedy Dragon
Well I got my prometeia up and I'm running my [email protected] with a fsb of 333.I get a 3d mark score of 16136 which is not a huge improvement over my previous score.This is because of my fsb isnt it?I have tried running at 180 fsb @2.8v and agressive timings but the system freezes at the bios boot screen.
They changed the back cover too for my prometeia.It no longer comes with a neoprin sheet with the ruber cover.Instead I got a plastic cover with a heater in it.The back side of the mother board does not get cool at all and stays around room temp.

ur mentality about increasing the fsb is correct, i assume instability was caused due to insufficient cooling either or both the chipset and cpu, i think u should go liquid for cpu and good powerfull active for the chipset! Other guys had similar problems and after upgrading to better cooling everything was COOL.

..... he was using a prometeia... I dont think cooling gets much better than that..

I wouldnt worry too much man. for the 400 mhz im gettin gout of my 1600, it only makes up 800 3dmarks, with 172 mhz fsb and a r 8500. you could try overclocking your radeon which will give you some marks.
as for the stability issues... i erm, cant tell you. lol. mine freezes if i run it too high just as yours does, but i assumed it to be heat related. since heat is so clearly not an issue with yours, i cant think of what might cause that. Nice oc though. 2.5 from 2.0 is pretty nice work

Grr I can't take it!No matter what I do I can't go beyound a fsb of 170 with agressive timings.I have the mem volt at 2.85 so whats holding me back?Would I need a mothe board that can supply more power to the mem?

512MB 32MX8 PC-3500C2
Specifications:
Speed 434MHz
Organization 64M x 64
CAS Latency 2-3-3-7-T1
Memory type DDR
Part number: CMX512-3500C2PT

My educated guess would be that your motherboard is holding you back in some way, and I'd also hesitate to guess that your memory shouldn't need more than 2.8v to run 200 mhz with the most aggressive timings.

You may have graduated to abandonning this thread and starting a thread in our memory section for our memory gurus to have a crack at it.

I was talking to a guy today that could not get his XMS to the rated level at default voltage. The store that he had bought it from was having the same problems. There might have been a few slip by QC. You might have a bad stick.

Back