• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What order should I buy these in?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AmigoThree

Ok well xmas is coming up so I will be getting presents and money. And I am also buying a 1000foot spool of network cable and reselling some of it. Plus the fact that I got a car that was cheap enough that my dad will pay for insurance. I will have some extra money. So here is what I want to buy (I don't really need suggestions, and I have my mind made up on which brand etc. I want) So I just want you guys to give me the order that you would put them in for how I should get them.

$102 Linksys EtherFast 4124 24-Port 10/100 Ethernet Switch
$230 MSI K7D Master-L (MS-6501-030) AMD760MPX Dual Athlon onboard LAN
$306 2- Athlon MP 2000 OEM
$128 ANTEC Performance PLUS Model PLUS1080AMG- with Antec Original TRUE 430W
$289 Athlon XP 2600+ OEM
$153 Asus A7N8X Deluxe with nforce-2
$208 2- Corsair XMS PC-3200 C2
$331 Gigabyte Radeon 9700

Ok well that is pretty much my personal order so tell me what you think. The switch is needed first because before I can get any more computers, I need a bigger switch because I have a 5 port hub right now that has every port taken, plus I want to get it so I can bring it to a LAN party on Jan. 3-5.

dunno about the rest of it, but I'd wait on the Radeon, I've heard that it's price is supposed to drop like a stone, soon

Yea I would say the dualie probably come before the main system because if you look at the system in my sig, it really isnt that bad (it is OC'ed some too, I just havent updated it) and I would like to have my dualie done so I could run a 64 person server with bots for BF1942 at the LAN and also a UT2k3 server there.

ANTEC Performance PLUS Model PLUS1080AMG- with Antec Original TRUE 430W
Linksys EtherFast 4124 24-Port 10/100 Ethernet Switch
Corsair XMS PC-3200 C2
MSI K7D Master-L (MS-6501-030) AMD760MPX Dual Athlon onboard LAN
2- Athlon MP 2000 OEM
Athlon XP 2600+ OEM
Asus A7N8X Deluxe with nforce-2
Gigabyte Radeon 9700

That looks good too namagomi.

Also I forgot to mention but the ram is going for the Asus motherboard, so that may affect the way you put em in order. I already have the ram for the dual proc.

Well my friend said that a lot of times ATI doesnt get along with Nforce boards so maybe

the Giga-byte GA-VAXP Ultra for $139 instead of the Asus.

I just listed them on how I thougth the price would move the in future :D PSUs and switches arn't gonna have a wild chance in price anytime soon, and RAM is pretty cheap ATM. Those CPU prices will eventurally drop, of course.

The switch could probably be purchased now, but I'd wait on the rest of the stuff. Computer crap always drops in price as the days and weeks go on.

The CPU, video, motherboard....will most likely drop in price. Maybe not next week, but they'll drop.

-ben

Back