Registered

Purple Ice vs Water Wetter

Ive been doing some searching around the internet for comparisons, but didnt find any. My local autoparts stores dont sell water wetter, but they do sell purple ice.

water wetter

purple ice

For those of you that have used both, or know anything about them, will either make a difference? Should i just go with whichever i can get, or go out of my way to get the better one?

I am going to be doing a review on this VERY SHORTLY, I have some Purple Ice, Water Wetter, and Zerex Super Coolant ordered as we speak. Im hoping it will be up by next friday, but that depends on when the coolents arive, Ill keep you posted. The Review will be on my site, www.wc101.com

i use advance auto part's radiator protector.

Iron hawk, are you just going to be looking at the cooling properties of each? I'm more interested in the corrosion prevention properties than anything. Any ideas for a long-term test to determine those? Also, is the Zerex Super Coolant a Dex-Cool anti-freeze? That's what I use.

Abit NF7 w/ Mobile Barton 2500+

My Heatware

Hey! I showered! Senior JFettig's Avatar
    doing the corosion part will prob take time, I am gonna do a little research with a sacrificial anode, I have some zinc I got from school, and copper and aluminum, sometime when I get bored Im gonna set it up
    ||http://www.wc101.com - Watercooling101||
    ||http://jfettigmachines.com CNC kits||

Originally posted by Iron Hawk
    I am going to be doing a review on this VERY SHORTLY, I have some Purple Ice, Water Wetter, and Zerex Super Coolant ordered as we speak. Im hoping it will be up by next friday, but that depends on when the coolents arive, Ill keep you posted. The Review will be on my site, www.wc101.com
    You should add Hyperlube Supercoolant to the lineup as well.
    Computer: I7 3820 42x100 @ 1.216v||Asus Rampage IV Extreme||GTX 780 Ti Reference||GSkill Ripjaws Z 2133 16gb||OCZ Agility 60gb SSD||Seagate Barracuda 1tb HDD||Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 850w PSU||Mountain Mods Pinnacle 24||1 Asus VS238H-P and 3 Dell S2740L
    Water cooling: XSPC Raystorm||2x XSPC RX360||Swiftech MCB655 with Bitspower mod top and mod kit||Phobya Balancer 250||EK FC780 copper/acrylic WB||Bitspower Fittings
    My Copper Pipe Build

My Heatware
    Folding User Stats

Registered
    sounds good iron hawk, ill keep an eye on your website.

Anybody else have experience with more than one? Anybody have a favorite brand (if so why)?

my favorite so far is Dex-Cool antifreeze. No particular brand. I'm using prestone right now, but others work just as well. I've used standard anti-freeze (green stuff), water wetter, and Dex cool (orange anti-freeze) and I like Dex cool the best for it's corrosion prevention.

They all seem to cool about the same. Differences are not measureable by the onboard diode, within 1C of each other.

Abit NF7 w/ Mobile Barton 2500+

My Heatware

Sure Guys, Ill look into getting some Dex Cool and Regular Anti-Freeze. The Zerex Super Coolant is the coolant sold @ danger den and cooltechnica. I will be testing various properties of each coolant, including corrosion prevention, thermal, and physical properties.

FRAGN'STIEN: I can't find a reference to Hyperlube Supercoolant anywhere. If you could enlighten me to a link I would greatly appreciate it. EDIT: -Never Mind- I found it. When I typed it into Google, Google changed it to Hypercube Super Coolant. Thanks for the suggestion
    Last edited by Iron Hawk; 12-06-02 at 05:01 AM.

Moderator #666
    To answer your question Ange062.

It seems that the 2 are the same thing.
    Just different brands.

Be sure to mix it in the proper ratio.

Try a "Hi-Performance" auto shop. They should carry WW.

To Honor Those who went before their time.
    God Bless them all
    Fight the Fight worth Fighting
    FOLD for Team 32
    IS THERE A CURE AMONG US?

Black Belt Overclocker MyHeatware under WarriorII