• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Purple Ice vs Water Wetter

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ange062

Registered
Ive been doing some searching around the internet for comparisons, but didnt find any. My local autoparts stores dont sell water wetter, but they do sell purple ice.

water wetter

purple ice

For those of you that have used both, or know anything about them, will either make a difference? Should i just go with whichever i can get, or go out of my way to get the better one?

I am going to be doing a review on this VERY SHORTLY, I have some Purple Ice, Water Wetter, and Zerex Super Coolant ordered as we speak. Im hoping it will be up by next friday, but that depends on when the coolents arive, Ill keep you posted. The Review will be on my site, www.wc101.com

Iron hawk, are you just going to be looking at the cooling properties of each? I'm more interested in the corrosion prevention properties than anything. Any ideas for a long-term test to determine those? Also, is the Zerex Super Coolant a Dex-Cool anti-freeze? That's what I use.

doing the corosion part will prob take time, I am gonna do a little research with a sacrificial anode, I have some zinc I got from school, and copper and aluminum, sometime when I get bored Im gonna set it up

Iron Hawk said:
I am going to be doing a review on this VERY SHORTLY, I have some Purple Ice, Water Wetter, and Zerex Super Coolant ordered as we speak. Im hoping it will be up by next friday, but that depends on when the coolents arive, Ill keep you posted. The Review will be on my site, www.wc101.com

You should add Hyperlube Supercoolant to the lineup as well.

sounds good iron hawk, ill keep an eye on your website.

Anybody else have experience with more than one? Anybody have a favorite brand (if so why)?

my favorite so far is Dex-Cool antifreeze. No particular brand. I'm using prestone right now, but others work just as well. I've used standard anti-freeze (green stuff), water wetter, and Dex cool (orange anti-freeze) and I like Dex cool the best for it's corrosion prevention.

They all seem to cool about the same. Differences are not measureable by the onboard diode, within 1C of each other.

Sure Guys, Ill look into getting some Dex Cool and Regular Anti-Freeze. The Zerex Super Coolant is the coolant sold @ danger den and cooltechnica. I will be testing various properties of each coolant, including corrosion prevention, thermal, and physical properties.

FRAGN'STIEN: I can't find a reference to Hyperlube Supercoolant anywhere. If you could enlighten me to a link I would greatly appreciate it. EDIT: -Never Mind- I found it. When I typed it into Google, Google changed it to Hypercube Super Coolant. Thanks for the suggestion

Last edited:
To answer your question Ange062.

It seems that the 2 are the same thing.
Just different brands.

Be sure to mix it in the proper ratio.

Try a "Hi-Performance" auto shop. They should carry WW.

:)

Back