• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Xp 2000

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AMDninjaboy

Hey guys, got an xp2000 in an epox 8k3a+ board and its watercooled. Its running at 1.82 Ghz now, will unlocking it give me better overclocking. Cant seem to get FSB past about 160..
Shane:burn:

yes unlocking with allow you to lower the multiplier and then get the FSB a little higher. How far you will be able to push it will depend on the ram you are running! what type and what speed!

But, by all mean unlock it!

NAS

xp2000

Thats what i figured. I am running OCZ 2700 ddr revision 3.2, supposed to be pretty good. I will try unlocking the chip this weekend. Thanks again for the quick reply.
Shane:burn:

sheesh.. i have the same setup (except air cooled) but i cant raise it by 1 fsb without instability

=[8c0re8]= said:
go for the unlock...u will most deffinetly be happy wen u do..

i got my 2000+to go @166 fsb...handles real nice:)

btw, at what speed are you running it? I'm thinking of unlocking mine, but I don't wanna go over the rated speed (I wanna run it at 10x166)
and, did you have to raise the core voltage by much?

Yeah, I wanna do the same thing...run 10x166 on my XP 2000+. Is that hard to do with PC2700 ram? My XP is an AGOIA Pally!

quegyboe said:
Yeah, I wanna do the same thing...run 10x166 on my XP 2000+. Is that hard to do with PC2700 ram? My XP is an AGOIA Pally!

should do it just fine.i have crucial 2700 and had corsairs before that and both approached the 200 fsb limit in my system. i am running 10x192 with my xp2000 (agoia) ,watercooled.

i think i could go higher too, but i need to work on the cooling a bit more before i push it some more.

Back