• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What type of AMD system would you build for $1500 U.S.?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LiquidOz

Registered
Case and power supply doesn't need to be included. Just curious what people might put together for that. Thanks. =)

that will build quite a nice system. but it depends upon what it will be used for and if you even need to spend that much. As of recently the things that I can't live without are RAID and dual monitors (at least one must be 21").

> AMD 2400+
SLK-800 w/ 80cfm 80mm Delta on a TT Fan Controller
Epox nforce2 board
2 x 512mb Corsair XMS 3500C2
2 x 120gig WD SE's in RAID0 or Maxtors with the 8meg cache
Gainward ti4600 Golden Sample (waiting for the nv30 :D )
Audigy OEM Sound card
Liteon 52x/24x/52x burner (Black!)
Liteon 16x DVD-Rom (Black!)
(Black!) Floppy Drive
Lian Li-PC61 with a Enermax >431w PSU (yeah, yeah, I know I dont need to include it)

Umm...they're out already ;)

As for the system, basically the same as Namagomi...

Athlon XP 2400+
Epox 8RDA+
2x512MB Corsair XMS 3500 CAS2 "Platinum"
2x120GB Western Digital Special Edition
Radeon 9700
52x24x52 brand name (Lite-on, Plextor, Yamaha) burner
DVD-R (so expensive I don't know their speeds :()
16x DVD player
Watercooling

That's probably over budget, considering the ram and vid card put together is $800 in itself. Still that's probably what I'd make right now. If I had time to wait, I'd see how the Geforce FX does, and perhaps get an Athlon XP 1800+ Tbred B processor instead since they are supposed to be the same core as the 2400+.

Maxvla said:
with that much dough? definately a dually xp2400 or better.

Although this is pure speculation on my part, I really doubt that the dual cpu Socket A boards support something as new as the XP2400+. Most don't even officially support 333MHz ram. Development and versatility are poor with dual boards.

And with 1500 bucks? P4 baybee, and a bad fast one :D

I have most of the the Intel system planned but I just wanted to see what type of AMD system could be put together for around the same amount of money. Plus the nforce 2 boards look really nice. =)

Back