• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New A7V8X Bios...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Norrko

What's new in the New Beta bios that's on Asus homepage?
Anyone tried it? It's a shame the Asus don't write what's new
in their bioses.

/Norrko

I was feeling reckless, so tried it up from 1010. Using the same settings, I saw no change in performance under Prime95 and 3D Mark. Not knowing what it was supposed to accomplish, I'd say it works. Sandra did not report anything new either. Still says my GF4 TI4200 is not running in Fast Writes, when it did using my A7V333.

Hoot

beta bios

I had no luck with the new 003 beta bios. Could not boot into windows unless I was on setup defaults. Could not get over 140 fsb stable even at lowest memory timings. Right now I'm at 195X11.5 cas2 2-2-2-6 1t. stable as heck. Anything over 196 fsb gives me registry errors when i do a restart.

At this fsb for the first few days it would not cold boot and took multiple reboots to get things loaded. Now after a few days of running it the system cold boots and resets just fine.

Back